Wireless 360 controller support?

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
pengu

Wireless 360 controller support?

Postby pengu » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:18 am

I checked in the controller section of the website and it recommends the wired controller. I would've assumed that this meant the wireless would work too, but it really doesn't. The D-Pad doesn't work at all, and the triggers don't either. Did anyone else have this problem? And does anyone have a solution?

Ark

Re: Wireless 360 controller support?

Postby Ark » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:55 am

You could try http://www.xpadder.com/ to remap your controller.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:57 am

Hmm, is this for Shadowgrounds Survivor or Shadowgrounds?

I've used a wireless gaming adapter and I think it worked fine - however, I'm not sure if I actually tried to use the d-pad or the triggers, so it may be that there's something preventing them from being used.

Can you bind the triggers and the d-pad in the game, or don't they get recognized at all?

At this point I can't really suggest anything to bypass this, I'll need to test it myself and see if there's anything...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

pengu

Postby pengu » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:35 am

The D-pad doesn't get recognised at all. When I go into control panel, the D-pad is recognised as a hatswitch though, which may be the reason why the game doesn't pick it up at all. The triggers are analogue, and the game recognises it as a rudder (when I set up the axis) but it will not recognise it if I try to assign it as a button.

The analogue triggers are a problem in some older games as well, as holding the left trigger pulls the rudder in one direction where as holding the right trigger pulls it in the other direction. Somehow in newer games this isn't a problem, but in older games it only recognises it as a single axis and not 2 seperate buttons.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Ah, that could be it... I might guess that the Shadowgrounds games also use some old(er) version of DirectX's input methods, or something like that. I know we did some kind of a change for this in Trine. I think I don't have any other suggestions right now, I'm going to have to check this myself and see how it really is before offering any new tips... but frankly that may take a while (days).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”