BSOD caused by nv4_disp.dll

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
Daxzerg

BSOD caused by nv4_disp.dll

Postby Daxzerg » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:35 pm

Hi!
I use Nvidia FX 5900XT, Athlon XP 2600+, 1 Gb. The game works perfectly at full graphics settings. Untill...
On the fourth level, after I fix the radar on the roof, I get the flamethower then I get another assignment. There is that cinematics with the creature watching me go out of the building. Then I reach the burning car and burning corpse then immediately starts an area with blue light and there are many bare tree branches which cast shadows on the ground. At exactly this point, when I approach the shadows on the ground and the blue light the game crashes. I get the Blue Screen of Death under XP with SP2!!! And at the bottom of the screen it says that the fault was in nv4_disp.dll.
I got the latest driver from Nvidia. I unchecked all the advanced graphics options. I even removed EAX. The error persists. I have played this level like 8 times trying different settings, taking different paths, using different weapons etc.
Please have this error in mind when working on the first patch. Thank you.

Grisu

Postby Grisu » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:52 pm

Have you tried an older Nvidia driver?
Also, I would try running the game at lowest graphical settings in order to avoid this bug.

Perhaps this works as temporary fix.
No fun at all, but at least worth a try.

Daxzerg

Postby Daxzerg » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:13 am

It worked with lowest settings! Thank you.
But, as you said, it's really no fun at all.
I finished the level using lowest graphics, then I tried again to set higher graphics. The game would crash while loading the level then, before "Loading" turns to "Start". Same BSOD, same error.
Thank you for your answer anyway.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:22 am

I have the same problem. :(

Grisu

Postby Grisu » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:57 pm

The Fx5900 and Geforce4MX series were crappy cards.
Not everything that has a sticker with "Nvidia" on it is good. :)

Hopefully FB will find a fix for this.

Daxzerg

Postby Daxzerg » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:59 pm

I disagree. I've played most of the heavy graphics games (including Doom 3 and Quake 4 at high quality) and I never had any performance or compatibility issues. FX5900XT rulez IMHO.

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”