Another Bug in Mission 9

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.

Another Bug in Mission 9

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:56 pm

I think there is a bug in mission 9.

I played with COOP and then there was no door that opens (I think I had the chip-card, but I died)

In front of the door there are glasses that couldn't be destroyed.

I use the inofficial patch 1.01

PS: After I minisized the game to make the screenshot, the game made an memory-error and had to end.

Here's a screen of the map:
http://www.daniel-marschall.de/files/map.JPG

#Daniel Marschall

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:22 pm

The indestructable windows are there on purpose; the place that's beyond the door is supposed to be sterile, I think. The door to that place opens after you've aligned the spaceship and installed the software and engines.

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:39 pm

Hello.

I have done those jobs, I installed the software.

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:54 pm

What about the engine? For that you have to bring the ship to an other room.

I think I have encountered the same door bug... If you have installed the engine and the software, then there is no option but to restart the level.

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:57 pm

That means I have to find FIRST the amew bomb and THEN I have to install engine/software?

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:50 pm

No, getting AMEW is the last mission before the next level.

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:19 pm

I played this level over 3 times and there is no way to complete it with COOP and the inofficial patch 1.01 (German).

I tried following:
1. First engine and then software
2. First software and then engine

This makes no difference, the doors to the AMEW-Bomb is locked (look at the screenshot in post #1).

And after I have done the 2 jobs, the AMEW-Bomb-Job activated.

I even tried the opendoor-cheat, but it don't work... I am very disappointed with this level... I can't go to the next level, that makes me angry.

#Daniel Marschall

dizzy_2.0

Postby dizzy_2.0 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:55 pm

I got the same problem... It's quite disappointing if you're playing the game with a friend and when it's getting interessting (I told him about the 2 Mechs...) this stupid door doesn't open and you can't do anything...

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:33 pm

No statement from the developer?

fb_jpk

Postby fb_jpk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:18 am

As far as I know, this door issue should have been fixed in the 1.01 patch by the script programmer... But I'll look into this next monday.

In addition to the actual work time game testing, I have recently played the game through in coop mode with my friend, and haven't had any problems with the door in question. Of course, that does not mean that there wouldn't be a bug... it does mean however, that the bug is not always that easy to replace and solve.

Anyway, as I said above, I'll be looking into this and hopefully the bug will be fixed in some future patch, or if I happen to find the cause of the bug quickly, I'll probably be posting some "quick fix" script file or a console command here on the forums to get past that door.

I'm guessing that the bug appears when some certain conditions are met and if you were to play the level again, you might get through the door without any problem.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:35 am

Hello.

I played it 4 times with my friend and the bug is always the same.

I really want to play the last 2 levels. I tried the cheats opendoor, giveallkeys and openallremote doors, but this last door is always closed.

I will wait for the final patch, but isn't there any tempoary solution?

fb_jpk

Postby fb_jpk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:09 am

Ok, I just noticed that this door in question was actually another door than what I thought.. In any case, I'll be looking into it...

fb_jpk

Postby fb_jpk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:28 am

Ok, I may have a temporary solution to get around this bug...

Please notice that the following is a totally unofficial "hack" to get past the door in question. It may or it may not work properly, so you should only use it in case you cannot get past the door in any other way. (in other words, try this method only when you're sure that you have done all the objectives and that you are supposed to get past the door. If you use this unnecessarily, you may get the level even more mixed up.)

First, make sure you have installed the flight software and engine to the ship. Then walk to the sterilization room (the small room with the unbreakable glasses), make sure all the players are in that room. At this point the door should normally open.

If the door does not open, open the game console by pressing F8.
type the following into the console:

Code: Select all

startScriptProcess m12_let_player_in

Please notice the letter case (it is case sensitive).

Then proceed to get the AMEW.... When you are returning after getting the AMEW, type the following to console if the door still does not open:

Code: Select all

startScriptProcess m12_let_player_out

I haven't really had the time to test this out. It should do the trick assuming that the bug has not affected the game's ability to load the level scripts... If this helps you / it is does nothing, let me know. More info will help isolate the bug.
[/code]

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:43 am

Thank you, I will post here, if it works or not. I'll play this level in COOP with my friend, when he got time.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:48 pm

The 2 commands had solved the problem.

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”