Two minor issues

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
Mattressi

Two minor issues

Postby Mattressi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:54 pm

When I throw the Napalm guy's upgraded grenade my FPS (which is usually very high) drops to less than 1 FPS until the gas has disappeared. This seems kind of odd because the gas looks the same as all the other green gas hazes in the game which give me no lag. Any idea why? I can run the game easily at full settings and would hate to have to lower them just get this working.

Secondly, the bonuses didn't work. I finished the game with 17/20 secret tags and was notified by an onscreen message that I'd collected each one. I was really looking forward to starting a new game with all of the bonuses, but the only two options I had were the electric gun and invulnerability. How do I fix this? I saw a post from a while back that said to use a console command, but they didn't work (and only covered the first three bonuses, but I didn't receive the fourth one either). I briefly played the new game that I'd made to see if the bonuses somehow unlocked during play, but they didn't. Also I didn't have the electric gun (although maybe I need to play through more to get it?).

I have the Steam version and it's fully patched, I have a GeForce 9800GT with Intel Core2 Duo E7300 (2.66 Ghz), 4 Gb RAM and running Windows XP SP3. My drivers are up to date, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance

Edit: third issue (kinda screws up my subject title) - the Napalm ability hardly ever works! I wait for it to charge and when it says it's charged it will work, but if I don't use it right away then it won't work properly. Any idea how to fix this? It's really irritating me now that I've noticed it - I always assumed that it just took ages (like 5 minutes) to charge because it worked so temperamentally, then I decided to watch it charge and the icon was charged in a few seconds! I could last so much longer in survival mode if this worked properly.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Two minor issues

Postby fb_joel » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Sorry to hear.

1) The gas grenade problem is a physics fluids issue. I'm not sure why it's enabled by default but it should be fixed by either lowering the physics settings, or by opening the game console with the F8 key and writing "/physics_fluids_enabled 0" (without the quotations but with the forward slash).

2) Here's the bonus options and what is needed to get them:

1 upgrade part - All Weapons & Upgrades
3 upgrade parts - Black & White mode
5 upgrade parts - Super Physics
8 upgrade parts - Speed mode
12 upgrade parts - Electric Gun
16 upgrade parts - Immortality
20 upgrade parts - Blooper reel (really short)

To manually unlock these, here's the console commands (I think they should work):

unlockBonusOption weaponsandupgrades
unlockBonusOption bwmode
unlockBonusOption superphysics
unlockBonusOption speedmode
unlockBonusOption electricgun
unlockBonusOption invulnerability
unlockBonusOption bloopers

Let me know if this works.

3) This is weird... Maybe there's something wrong with the key (either hardware or in the game somehow). Could you try setting the key to another key in the Options and see if that helps? We haven't heard of a similar bug before so that's why I suggest that first.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mattressi

Postby Mattressi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks, the physics fluid thing fixed the lag from the gas grenade. I had changed the special ability key to 'e' and when I changed it to the default 'space' it works perfectly, so thanks for that too.

The console commands for unlocking the bonuses didn't seem to work though. I tried typing them as you said, and also typing them with a '/' in front (like with the physics fluid one) but nothing worked. I tried looking through the game files and found a file called "bonuses" and tried opening it with notepad and then a hex editor, but neither helped me read the contents. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks again for helping me out - I really enjoy playing this game, but I'd like to get the bonuses working.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Good to hear.

The Bonus Options problem is a bit weird - you've completed the game right? Anyhow let's try this:

- open the console again and write "makeBonusOptionsAvailable" and press enter.
- go check the New Game menu

Does it work now? If nothing shows up, try to unlock one option and then check New Game again (they don't need the / in front, it's a different type of command). If it still doesn't work then I'll send you my bonus.dat file which probably works. It's also preferable to unlock the bonuses while in the game so you get the notification if it works.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mattressi

Postby Mattressi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Ok, I tried what you said, but it still didn't work. I played a little more and when I'd collected three secret tags no message came up to say I'd unlocked anything, but the first bonus had indeed been unlocked. Still, I don't really want to play through again to get the bonuses if I can't be sure they'll unlock.

If you could send me your bonus.dat file that'd be great. I really want to play through again with super physics 8)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Hmm, ok.

I've put my unlocked bonus file at
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/help_sgs/bonus.zip

Download and extract to \Config folder of Survivor (please take a backup of the bonus.dat file first though).

Let me know if that helps, I assume it should. :)

Edit: Good to hear. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mattressi

Postby Mattressi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:33 am

Thanks for that, it works perfectly now :)

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”