Copy Protection Problem

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
Ungol

Copy Protection Problem

Postby Ungol » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:14 pm

Hi,
I tried the Shadowgrounds Demo, it ran fine and I really liked it, so I now bought the full (German) Version.
Too bad that the game doesn't even start, I have the same problem some other people here on the forum had, the copy protection (ProtectCD, I think) says there would be an emulator active. I never had any emulation software or virtual drives on my PC, nor did I ever have problems with other game protections. After calling the technical hotline that is mentioned in the manual, I even uninstalled WinOn CD and Nero (just the normal CD Burning Softwares, nothing special) on their suggestion. Didn't help either.
Is there any solution (I didn't see any in the forum) for problems with ProtectCD???
It would be sad to return the game to get my money back cause I really would like to play it instead.
Thx Ungol

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:55 pm

Sorry to hear that... :(

Have you checked the thread where a German user was able to bypass the blacklist somehow?
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/forum/ ... c.php?t=67

I'm not sure what he did, though. Check the blacklist and see if you still have any of those installed.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Ungol

Postby Ungol » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:24 pm

Yes, I read that post, and as he mentioned he did some "not-so-nice tricks" and didn't explain that nearer. I don't want to travel on semi-illegal terrain just to run a fully paid game.
And, as I mentioned, I never had any software installed that is mentioned on the blacklist of ProtectCD. Maybe it is something about my Pioneer DVD 305 SCSI drive...or maybe ProtectCD ist just :evil:

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”