Shadowgrounds on win7?

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
anttikoo

Shadowgrounds on win7?

Postby anttikoo » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:24 pm

I have the original CD-version of the game. Installed ok but when I try to start the game the setup screen comes up as should but when I press Launch nothing happens.

It did complain about needing admin rights (which I did, to my knowledge) but still nothing. Tried it as XP SP2, NT, hell even win95. Nothing worked.

If this has been addressed somewhere, I couldn't find it.

MarjutFB

Re: Shadowgrounds on win7?

Postby MarjutFB » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:48 am

This sounds strange.

Have you tried to reinstall the game? Also enabling or disabling Vertical Sync from the Launcher could help.

If you're unsure if you applied the admin rights you could also try to enable them by doing the following:

1. Go to the game's installation folder
  2. Right-click on the Shadowgrounds.exe or ShadowgroundsLauncher.exe in the a game's installation folder, you could do this for both files.
  3. Choose Properties
  4. Navigate to the Compatibility tab in the opened window
  5. Check the the option ”Run this program as an administrator”
  6. Press Apply and close the window
I hope this helped!

Let me know if you have any questions or just how it goes. Cheers!

anttikoo

Postby anttikoo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Did all of the above (except re-install, the game is fresh install), to no avail.

The Shadowground.exe wasn't running as admin, only the launcher. But setting that to run with admin rights didn't help one bit. Still the same: nothing happens.

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:14 am

I still recommend trying to reinstalling the game, because something might have gone wrong with the installation progress.

If that doesn't help either, you could also try the Steam version of the game as it's working fine at least on my Windows 7. To get the Steam version you can email us your receipt or just a picture of the game's cd at Support[at]Frozenbyte[dot]com and we'll send you a key. Please also link this thread to your email so we know it's you. I hope this sounds okay.

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

anttikoo

Postby anttikoo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Did a re-install and made sure both .exes were running on admin rights. No help. Sent the crap quality photos to the address with a link to this thread.

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”