Shadowgrounds setup problem

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
Markplayer

Shadowgrounds setup problem

Postby Markplayer » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:33 pm

I just bought the bundle and so far it seems great. The only problem I'm having is Shadowgrounds setup menu not working correctly. I use the steam version and when I start the setup I get this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, I have no options at all in the dropdown menus, exept "Mod selection" and I don't have any mods installed. This also happens in the advanced settings.
I've tried to edit the configuration files to change the resolution of the game and the graphics settings, but it doesn't work. I also verified the game cache files with steam and there weren't any problems.
I'm running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Shadowgrounds setup problem

Postby fb_joel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Ah, this is a familiar sight. I don't quite remember what causes it but I'm sure we can get this fixed.

First things first, download the standalone version of the game and try that. The data files are most likely somehow corrupted in the Steam version (so a re-download from Steam might fix it but it's good to confirm first with the standalone version).

Let me know.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Markplayer

Postby Markplayer » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Thanks, the non-steam version works perfectly fine.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Great. I think the Steam one should too, maybe you'd just need to re-download it or something... Anyhow glad to hear at least the standalone one works. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”