Game freezes water plant cutscene

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.

Game freezes water plant cutscene

Postby zokrlkin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:19 pm

Hey just bought your bundle off steam, was having fun but on the second mission just after you first encounter some spitter critters a cut scene starts our hero says "theres something wrong here" and then it just stops , tried to reboot pc re dl game and try again had the same issue, left it for an hour to see if it ever resolved it hasnt.

searched the net for solutions and it sounds like a common problem with no solution , one guy suggests skipping to mission 3 via the console put i cant find the commands to do that!

so any ideas how to fix or workaround it?

amd 3.2quad core
nvidia 480 gtx8gb ram
win 7

incase it matters

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Game freezes water plant cutscene

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Yeah this is age old problem and I think it was something to do with the water. It could have been related to water rendering and disabling it to get past it or the sound system. I think disabling EAX could solve this. Can't remember the solution but it was some weird stuff like that.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Site Admin

Re: Game freezes water plant cutscene

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Hmm so is the problem a crash, or a frozen cutscene?

Cutscenes can be skipped with ESC, so that might help.

If not, the command to skip missions is to open the ingame console with F8 key and writing "setMissionSuccessCounter 1" (case sensitive and without quotes).

This may indeed have something to do with the water too, although I don't know if it should cause any crashes or so... but you can try lowering the graphics settings, playing in non-Fullscreen and disabling Videos/Sound/EAX.

If you can provide a screenshot close to the place where this problem occurs, it might help a bit. You can take screenshots with the F11 key (it saves them to \Ssreenshots in the game's folder as .bmps).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”