No text in the console

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
camcabbit

No text in the console

Postby camcabbit » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:22 am

Hi. I recently bought the Humble Frozen Synapse bundle, which came with the Frozenbyte bundle, and I like all the games a lot.

I'm having a problem with the console on Shadowgrounds. If I type anything, it doesn't show up. Here's a link to a screenshot I recently took, showing the problem.

Here's my system stats, if they help.

Lenovo T61 laptop
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
6GB ram
Intel GMA 965

The game plays just fine, and other than the console not showing any text if I type stuff into it, I've had no trouble with it.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Thanks for making a great game.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: No text in the console

Postby fb_joel » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:21 pm

This is either of two things: 1) the game data files are somehow corrupt because the console should not be black, it should be partly transparent, 2) related to that, it could be that the Intel GMA 965 cannot for some reason render the console correctly. I'm somewhat surprised it even runs the game in the first place but of course that's a good thing.

So I'd suggest re-downloading the game, and if that doesn't help then there's probably nothing we can do... I'd assume the console will still work, but of course is rather unusable...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”