Humble Bundle requires Steam for save games?

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
g1mad

Humble Bundle requires Steam for save games?

Postby g1mad » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Hello,

I purchased the Humble Bundle that contains the Shadowgrounds series, Trine and a few other. I understood that there is no option to save a game in Shadowgrounds and Trine. However, there is no savegame at all, even after accomplishing the first missions. I have found a few hints about savegames and Steam. Does this mean I have to install Steam in order to have the games from the Humble Bundle saving progress between the missions?

Best regards,
g1mad

FB_JussiE

Re: Humble Bundle requires Steam for save games?

Postby FB_JussiE » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 am

Hello g1mad!

The game should be able to save your progress (between levels) fine without Steam. I think the only reason for this to happen is that as shadowgrounds' default install location is program files and it creates the saved games there rather than in the user folder it might be lacking some permissions to create/modify files in there. You could try to run the game as administrator (especially if you're using vista) and see if it can save games then.

If this doesen't help we'll have to look more in to the matter.

g1mad

Re: Humble Bundle requires Steam for save games?

Postby g1mad » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Hello,
I granted write access to my user in the installation folder and now it works! Thanks for the quick reply and have a nice weekend!
g1mad

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”