Screenshots

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
Damage

Screenshots

Postby Damage » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:08 am

Quick and easy question: How do you take screenshots from Shadowgrounds?

I write reviews on another forum for my gaming friends and I'd like to do one for this classic so I can persuade them to buy their own copies. Hence I'd like to get some screengrabs but I couldn't find anywhere how to do it. I could use Fraps, of course, but I figured there'd probably be an in-game way which'd be easier and nicer!

Awesome game, by the way, it's been a long time since I last played the classics Alien Breed and Take No Prisoners so this was a welcome find!

D

8)
Gonna Rip 'em a New One

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am

Cool. :) You can take screenshots by pressing the F11 key. I believe it should work with any profile. It should save the screenshots in .bmp format to \Screenshots in the Shadowgrounds directory.

If you want to pause the game first, you could add "pause = p" (or "pause = t" which is what I prefer) to \Profiles\Default\Config\keybinds.txt . Another way is to bind it at game start. Start the game, load a mission, and open up the console by pressing F8. Then write "bind pause,p" and that should do it.

Pausing is good because it helps you identify really cool shots before actually taking the screenshot. I always want the muzzle flash, for example, so I just press pause repeatedly until I get the muzzle flash(es)... :)

And thanks for the feedback here and in the other thread. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Damage

Postby Damage » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:17 am

Excellent, that worked a treat, thanks!

Still playing through, and loving it, expect two more purchases shortly from two of my mates...!

From scanning the forum you're obviously very willing to listen to feedback, I have two minor points which I'd like to mention, although this might not be the right place to put them..

1. Any chance of a compass on the motion sensor in future versions or sequels? It would make navigating the impressively large levels a little easier...

2. The automap is a little under-sensitive. You have to move right up to the edges of areas before they register and as one who likes to explore the entire map, I like to be sure I've not missed anything.. Slightly more line of sight rather than immediate surroundings... Perhaps stronger batteries in the mapper?! Hell, you could make it an upgrade option - hmmm, equipment upgrades, now there's an idea...!

Thanks again for your help and for producing this gem.

D

P.S. 3. Any plans for a sequel...?! And I've not even finished the first one yet... :wink:
Gonna Rip 'em a New One

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:13 am

Glad it helped. Thanks for the suggestions too - the compass has been asked by a few people, and it's in our small feature tasks for future projects (if we use the motion sensor again). A better automap is also possible, and I totally agree with you because I'm an explorer too. :)

And I can't talk about future projects... yet. 8)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”