Checked the demo,Abit slow....

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
LavaBall

Checked the demo,Abit slow....

Postby LavaBall » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:46 pm

The game loading times is slow and when I exit the game it takes a while,However my big bro said it should work fine and he checked the system requirements for the game.

My PC system is...
Service pack 2
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3000+
1.81 GHz. 512 MB RAM

It slows alot when entering the last level of the demo,My graphic card is a geforce 6600GT,So why do you think I am having such slowdowns?

P.S:I also tried with lowest detail aswell but still slows down and no I don't have any applications running,Please tell me whats wrong.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:47 pm

Do you mean the ingame framerate is slow?

You can enable the framerate meter by opening the console (press F8), and then writing "show_fps" and press TAB and put a " 1" at the end. (Very complicated explanation but I'm sure you'll see how it works - the TAB autofills the text).

Your computer is otherwise ok, but you have very little RAM - that's why the loading times are so slow. But it shouldn't affect the ingame framerate much... let me know what kind of framerate you get and at what settings.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

LavaBall

Postby LavaBall » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:37 pm

Actually I think its GHz,The framerate is OK and sometimes does go low but rare,I have 1.18 GHz,So if I get 2.0 GHz the game will work to its finest?
Or might I need a few more RAM To speed things up?

P.S:In the 3rd stage of the demo,Once the cutscenes start they do lag a little due to the loading take a while,So I might consider buying some RAM or GHz I guess.

P.S.S:Oh I use the highest quality too,For the best graphics and removed render glow since sometimes it makes the screen gamma go high until I look at different position.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:59 pm

Athlon64 3000+ should be more than enough for the game.

If you use Very High settings, you should really try Medium settings or something. I think the game should run a lot better with Medium settings for example (and still look good). Are you sure there's still slowdown with lower settings? And what kind of framerates are we talking about, 10 fps or 30 fps...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

LavaBall

Postby LavaBall » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:38 am

I dont know exactly,Tough since I ran Prey fast with high settings then the game runs OK,However I prefer to speed up my loading bar then anything else right now,Buying a new graphic card is expensive :(

fb_jpk

Postby fb_jpk » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:46 pm

The game should run pretty well with Athlon 3000+ and 6600GT. I'm guessing this might be the samewhat random framerate drop issue...

If that is the case: Assuming that you are running the game in fullscreen mode, pressing ALT+TAB while in game to switch out and then back to the game, might restore a proper framerate.

If that still does not help, you should check that you do not have any programs running in background taking up CPU time.

LavaBall

Postby LavaBall » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:03 pm

Service pack 2
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3000+
1.81 GHz. 512 MB RAM

I do have Athlon,I guess what I need is ram,Right?

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”