Framerate goes to hell, fixed by alt+tab.

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
ShadowXOR

Framerate goes to hell, fixed by alt+tab.

Postby ShadowXOR » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:30 am

My framerate started going to hell, so I alt+tabbed out to read some forums (since it apparently only saves once you beat a level? Is there any other way to save?) then when I go back in my framerate is smooth as silk! It runs fine for an hour or two, then starts chopping again and is fixed bay an alt+tab. What is wrong with this? Is there a fix so I don't have to deal with this?

Blitzkrieg

Postby Blitzkrieg » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:06 am

You're lucky alt+tab solved your problem... both time I used alt+tab (to check a few things), when I re-entered the game it crashed without any reason...

ShadowXOR

Postby ShadowXOR » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:25 am

Blitzkrieg wrote:You're lucky alt+tab solved your problem... both time I used alt+tab (to check a few things), when I re-entered the game it crashed without any reason...

Apparently I'm not that lucky, it fixed the problem the first time, but when I needed to use it again it did crash the game. This sure is one buggy game for being 1.05, I've had quite a few issues yet I have no issues with the other 20+ games on my PC...

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:37 pm

Yeah this is a nasty problem. It only happens with certain computer specs, and is usually related to ATi graphics cards (but it does sometimes happen on nVidia cards too, we recently found out). I think we have made some progress on the fix but I can't promise any ETA for a patch yet.

Make sure you have the "Reset renderer" option in the Launcher Advanced menu ticked on. It should reset (i.e. do the same thing as Alt+Tab) every time a new mission loads.

Edit: Matti, well let's see. :)
Last edited by fb_joel on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Matti

Postby Matti » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:36 am

fb_joel wrote:I think we have made some progress on the fix but I can't promise any ETA for a patch yet.

When you get patch done, PLEASE include fix for 1st person view :roll:

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”