bindings and impressions

Shadwen is a stealth game, where sneaking is not optional. It was released in May 2016 for Windows, Linux, Mac and PlayStation 4.
binbinhfr

bindings and impressions

Postby binbinhfr » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:57 am

Hi,

I just tested your new game that looks promissing.

I just have little problems with the key bindings :
how to you delete a key binding ? (especially in the 2nd and 3rd column). I mean totally suppress it.
I would also like to bind the rope length with the scroll wheel, but i did not succeed.

By the way, I love the time forward/backward feature, but I really find the default "pause" annoying. I would really prefer a pause/play button, toggling between two states (but still allowing you to look around in pause). I notice that there is a "unpause" key, but you have to keep it pressed to go on... Not practical. So at the end it would be more natural for everyone to have a classical recorder remote (play/pause, FF, rewind). That's the natural way people think. This default pause seems to bug a lot of people, and I admit that I give up the game untill some change :-)

Anyway congratulations, I really like this playing with time feature.

Majnun

Re: bindings and impressions

Postby Majnun » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:01 pm

I just registered here to request this very thing.

It would be much more useful and natural feeling if you had a pause time toggle key instead of having it automatically pause every time you stop moving. It's just jarring and takes me out of the game. I want to be able to stop moving and watch the guards go about their business/patrol routes, or wait for a guard to walk by then move behind them. The way it is now it's not possible without being in constant motion (I didn't know about that unpause key, but having to hold it down constantly is still not a good substitute).

Having and option to make the time stop work the way it does now or using the toggle would make this game so much better IMO. Obviously time would still start up again as soon as you start moving in either case.

ColOfNature

Postby ColOfNature » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:22 pm

I'd also like the option to have more control over the time mechanic, including variable speed rewind. I do like the hold-a-button-to-progress-time concept, so maybe it could be a toggle in the options: "Tap To Pause" or "Hold To Progress".

The other control I wasn't fond of was that holding crouch also advanced time. I'm not sure how you'd get round having to hold two buttons to stay crouched while advancing time so maybe the way it is now is the least-worst option.

The rope length defaulted to the scroll wheel for me, but maybe they've patched that in since this thread was started.

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:58 pm

Sorry for the delay, but thank you for your suggestions!

Unfortunately the Control Binds menu is not working correctly in the demo, but there actually is a button to toggle time already. So, at least this feature will definitely be in final version. :) I can't promise anything else, but we'll look into your other suggestions as well.

The menu sometimes doesn't seem to register or save your bindings, which is why we unfortunately currently don't recommend using it for anything else than checking the controls.

Also thank you all for trying the demo!

Return to “Shadwen”