Where Is The Level Editor For The GOG Version?

Shadwen is a stealth game, where sneaking is not optional. It was released in May 2016 for Windows, Linux, Mac and PlayStation 4.
Klixen

Where Is The Level Editor For The GOG Version?

Postby Klixen » Wed May 18, 2016 10:52 am

Hi Folks,

I just got the game today from GOG.

I'm a big fan of mods and I see there's supposed to be a 'Level Editor' included with the game. Wonderful! :D

But I can't seem to find it anywhere in my installation folder. Is the 'Level Editor' supposed to be downloaded separately for the GOG version of the game?

If so, where do I download it from?

Cheers.

EllaFB

Re: Where Is The Level Editor For The GOG Version?

Postby EllaFB » Thu May 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Unfortunately the Editor is only available through Steam. This is because sharing the content is linked with the Steam Workshop feature. The editor is also only available for Windows.

If you're really interested in using our editor, you could sent us an email and we could see if there is anything we could do about this. You can sent the email to support[at]frozenbyte[dot]com, if you decide to email us, could you link this thread to your email.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you can still enjoy the game!

shmerl

Postby shmerl » Thu May 19, 2016 6:53 pm

EllaFB wrote:Unfortunately the Editor is only available through Steam. This is because sharing the content is linked with the Steam Workshop feature. The editor is also only available for Windows.

Is it possible for you to make the Steam Workshop optional in the editor, and simply allow saving mods on disk? That would be sufficient for the standalone version that can be offered through GOG or even your own site. It would solve this problem nicely, and won't exclude non Steam users from modding. I'd gladly test it in Wine once such standalone version will be available.

Thanks!

Klixen

Postby Klixen » Fri May 20, 2016 7:06 am

Hi EllaFB,

I've just sent the email :D

It'll be great if we can get a standalone version of the Editor for non-steam users. Cause it seems a bit unfair at the moment.

There's really no need to use Steam Workshop for mods. I've used ModDB and Nexus for my mods for years.

So I hope, if we can get a non-steam editor, that the Steam users will upload their mods to these sites as well as the workshop, so that we can all use them.

Edit: Drat! I just realized that I forgot to link this thread to the email. Sorry EllaFB :oops:

I did say that I was asking about this on the forums and that you suggested I contact support, so I hope that's OK.

Return to “Shadwen”