[OS X] Mouse/keyboard not working

Shadwen is a stealth game, where sneaking is not optional. It was released in May 2016 for Windows, Linux, Mac and PlayStation 4.
sardarnl

[OS X] Mouse/keyboard not working

Postby sardarnl » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Hallo all,

I have a problem with mouse/touchpad/keyboard on my macbook pro 13'' 2015 running OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan). When I start the game, it can't grab system input devices. The game cursor (white) stays in top left corner, my system mouse pointer (black) stays visible and I can freely move it, the game controls do not react to the system mouse pointer. The game does not react to keyboard either. So I can't go further than the start screen.

I tried to start the game in windowed, full screen and automatic mode with various resolution settings, the problem with input/controls remains. The game starts and stays in full screen mode only if it is configured "Automatic" in the game launcher. Setting 'Run in full screen' start the game in full screen, but before the start screen appears, the game drops back to windowed mode. I tried various resolutions and quality settings with no visible effect. Maybe this information will also help in finding the issue with input/controls.

I bought the game on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/shadwen
Latest versions, all patches automatically installed, the issue is still there. Can anyone help me with this issue?

MarjutFB

Re: [OS X] Mouse/keyboard not working

Postby MarjutFB » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:46 am

Did you try if using the cmd + tab key combination to get the system's focus out from the game, and then hopping back in with the same keys would help? Unfortunately there is some trouble with this, so that's why I'm suggesting it. Also reinstalling the game could be worth a shot.

I hope this helped, but if it didn't just let me know and I'll forward the issue to our QA team.

Also let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

sardarnl

Re: [OS X] Mouse/keyboard not working

Postby sardarnl » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:21 pm

The latest version of game still suffers from this issue, but after the game starts switching to desktop and back to game via cmd+tab helps regain controls. Thanks!

Return to “Shadwen”