Making Smash TV mod [HELP]

Discussion about Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor Mods and the Level Editor.
R3CoR

Making Smash TV mod [HELP]

Postby R3CoR » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:37 am

Reading about old smash TV requests/dead topics made wanting it more. So i dedicated my entire week to fully understand the map editor, i've already have a basic map structure and on fully time doing all the stuff needed. My question is, in the tutorial there's mentioned that you can only spawn a single enemy at a time by trigger. Is it possible to trigger it to double up respawn everytime you kill an enemy?

Imagine a crosshair, 1 enemy. North, south, west and east. You kill em, now its 2. Is it possible? And that every 50th enemy has a new weapon on it when you kill it. Frankly, i dont know ANY of this. You're simply dealing with a total rookie of simple map editing.

Any mod help is much appreciated. :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:54 pm

Well...

If you're using alienspawns (Spawnpoint stuff), and the "trigger_variable" in the Properties menu, then you could try setting the variable to 0 and then back to 1 in the scripts. This could make the spawn work again (not 100% sure, it may also be disabled after the first one is spawned).

This all is a whole lot easier in Shadowgrounds Survivor. We may consider releasing the Editor tools for the new game earlier for the modders who have the original game, because the data should work in both games... I'll have to think about this and come back with more thoughts late this week.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

R3CoR

Postby R3CoR » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:34 pm

fb_joel wrote:Well...

If you're using alienspawns (Spawnpoint stuff), and the "trigger_variable" in the Properties menu, then you could try setting the variable to 0 and then back to 1 in the scripts. This could make the spawn work again (not 100% sure, it may also be disabled after the first one is spawned).

This all is a whole lot easier in Shadowgrounds Survivor. We may consider releasing the Editor tools for the new game earlier for the modders who have the original game, because the data should work in both games... I'll have to think about this and come back with more thoughts late this week.

Hmm i see, i'll take a look at it when i have the time.
Great news on the editor. I'll be waiting for your respond :D

Return to “Mods / Level Editor”