Import character models

Discussion about Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor Mods and the Level Editor.
duffman

Import character models

Postby duffman » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:40 am

Hi - This is my first post but I dont own the game yet, I saw that it was on a Steam sale. I have done a search in the forums and found http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=359&p=2587&hilit=character#p2587 which I guess is kind of similar to what I want to do.
Is there a way to import a cutom character/model along with custom animation into the game? Or could I use the animation already in the game but just with a new character model?

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Import character models

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:54 am

I don't know anything about this character thing but I just say that if you buy Trine, you'll get Shadowgrounds free of charge with it. ;)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Animations and models are quite tough, to be honest. Changing textures (which is what is done in the linked thread) is easy. For animations/models you'd need the modelling/animation software and some of our tools (which we haven't released), so... Sorry!
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

demolos

Postby demolos » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:11 pm

fb_joel wrote:Animations and models are quite tough, to be honest. Changing textures (which is what is done in the linked thread) is easy. For animations/models you'd need the modelling/animation software and some of our tools (which we haven't released), so... Sorry!
We need the lightwave exporter :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed May 04, 2011 8:37 pm

I think our exporter is probably included in the SG/SGS source code we released (or at least the code stuff), so we could make the exporter available otherwise too... This is probably something that could be brought up on the Jack Claw forums, as we'll try to gather a list of things to do there.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

demolos

Postby demolos » Thu May 19, 2011 10:05 am

fb_joel wrote:I think our exporter is probably included in the SG/SGS source code we released (or at least the code stuff), so we could make the exporter available otherwise too... This is probably something that could be brought up on the Jack Claw forums, as we'll try to gather a list of things to do there.

Can you make the exporter available? :D

Return to “Mods / Level Editor”