Level Editor Beta 4

Discussion about Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor Mods and the Level Editor.
CoolBoy

Postby CoolBoy » Mon May 29, 2006 5:38 am

Pardon my language but.... ARE YOU FRICKEN SERIOUS!!!!
Ahem. That goes far beyond dedication. Frozenbyte has made its mark and to quote one of my favourate Shadowgrounds reviews from http://www.avault.com, "Given that this is Frozenbyte's first commercial release, this game is an absolute success, and I cannot wait to see what comes next from the company." Never before have I seen such commitment to a game and I don't just mean a budget release. I'm droning on here, so let me just finish up by saying that if this board is here to stay, and if some talented mod-ists come along, this game will definately become a cult classic if it hasn't already done so.
"Still releasing patches months after Shadowgrounds release date.... I still can't believe anyone other than myself could be that addicted to gaming.... I guess I'll just continue to post free advertising while chatting it up in multiplayer games..."
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb." Spaceballs

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon May 29, 2006 11:14 pm

Heh, well thanks. Sometimes being a small developer is advantageous I guess - no need to get permissions from higher-ups and so on. Anyway, thanks for the kind words again. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

MacAnkka

Postby MacAnkka » Wed May 31, 2006 2:44 pm

Could I have the beta editor, too? Now that the exam week at high school is over, I should have the time to test it.

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Wed May 31, 2006 4:58 pm

These tutorials would be good to be downloadable in pdf-format.

Heidi

Postby Heidi » Wed May 31, 2006 6:59 pm

Personnaly I don't see the need of a PDF format.
If you need the tutorial offline just go to File->Save under
and you will have a offline version on your hard disk.
Visit #shadowgrounds on Quakenet!

predtek

Postby predtek » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:49 am

Can I try the Beta as well? I've finished the game which is pretty short... thx

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:51 am

Sent... I'll probably stop distributing the beta soon, as the official release gets closer.

I will create one "big" document that will be distributed with the official release, but the website docs will always be more up to date. I will also make some changes so that it's going to be easier to read.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

olle

Postby olle » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:24 am

i want a taste of the beta... please :)
don't fear.. i'm here

Cyn.

Postby Cyn. » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:49 pm

Is the beta level editor still being distributed? I'd like to see it if possible. Any idea when the final release will come out?

I want to make a few survival levels, specifically for co-op play. SG is a great game and I'd like to see more levels where the goal is to fight endless waves of guys.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:33 pm

Cyn. wrote:I want to make a few survival levels, specifically for co-op play. SG is a great game and I'd like to see more levels where the goal is to fight endless waves of guys.

As do I. 8) I've sent the Beta. The final release is hopefully next week (once again, heh)...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Matti

Postby Matti » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:22 am

Cyn. wrote:I want to make a few survival levels, specifically for co-op play. SG is a great game and I'd like to see more levels where the goal is to fight endless waves of guys.

For some reason that reminds me about Alien Phobia serie (later known as Phobia) and couple mods for Doom 3 (those didn't have endless enemies but cool anyway). Go for it!

evilempire

Postby evilempire » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:17 pm

Hello

I am also hoping to obtain a copy of the beta editor. Thank you in advance.

delusr

Beta

Postby delusr » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:58 am

Can I please get a copy of the beta map editor

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:45 am

Sent to both... I hope we get some problems sorted out and finally get the editor released officially this week.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Montecore

Postby Montecore » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:42 pm

Would you please send me a copy of the beta Editor, too? :)

Teln3t

Postby Teln3t » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:04 am

fb_joel wrote:Sent to both... I hope we get some problems sorted out and finally get the editor released officially this week.

I know your getting this request from alot of people, but im a programer in every language other then .net and c#. Me and a team of programmers made a game earyler which was based in openGL/DirectX(Which I know aswell) and i'de like to get my hands on the engine. I love games like this, there my style. And im looking forword to makeing mods for it.

Im also a graphics artist that worked for CCCI for 2 years. If you'd like to see my profile, its http://www.trigasnip.deviantart.com

Otherwise, thanks for the link in advance!

Matti

Postby Matti » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:07 pm

Teln3t wrote:Me and a team of programmers made a game

Name?

Teln3t

Postby Teln3t » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:01 pm

Matti wrote:
Teln3t wrote:Me and a team of programmers made a game

Name?

DarkShadow Games <- Not the 1 you see on google, but the team is gone, and our website is down.
zomg hax

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:46 am

Sent the link...

For the record, this is the last time I send the link. The official release is upon us (either Thursday/Friday or early next week, for real) so there's not much need for the Beta anymore.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Mods / Level Editor”