Buildings

Discussion about Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor Mods and the Level Editor.
Teln3t

Buildings

Postby Teln3t » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:52 am

Can somebody help me with this, Im wondering weather or not im doing this right. I go under Object > Blocks > and build a building from scratch, but nothing line sup other then the outside walls, and tileing isnt even when I drop them all in. Is there an easyer way to go about doing this?
zomg hax

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:49 pm

You mean that you can't "line" windows with walls, etc?

Most of the Blocks should line up ok, although we know some don't.

By pressing down CTRL you can get more precision, which should enable you to manually set the windows etc. I'd recommend that you let some objects go inside the properly lined-up other objects, because it's easier that way. But if I'm correct, you could also use CTRL for all objects and create a working building that way, it should make no difference to the game.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Hedgehog

Postby Hedgehog » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:52 pm

Sometimes when you think you have perfect overlap in the editor the walls will start to flicker in the game :P Also it's sometimes annoying that when you move parts, the movement is relative to the camera position and not to the object. I hope you get what I mean :P
Visit #shadowgrounds on Quakenet!
Click here for a webclient.

Return to “Mods / Level Editor”