Light surrounding the player character.

Discussion about Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor Mods and the Level Editor.
Hedgehog

Light surrounding the player character.

Postby Hedgehog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:43 pm

Is there a way to toggle the the light surrounding the player? In a daylight mission it looks quite odd on some surfaces. ;)
Visit #shadowgrounds on Quakenet!
Click here for a webclient.

fb_ilkka

Postby fb_ilkka » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:11 am

These script commands should do it: setValue 0;setOptionValue render_fakelights

You can type them in the console or call them from one of your mission scripts. Disabling fakelights can affect some other lighting effects as well, but I don't think there's a better way. You can also call disablePlayerSelfIllumination to get rid of the slight self illumination on the player.
// Ilkka, Frozenbyte team

Hedgehog

Postby Hedgehog » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:01 pm

Okay thanks, I will experiment with those once I get home. :)
Visit #shadowgrounds on Quakenet!

Click here for a webclient.

FreePointz

Postby FreePointz » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:49 am

Hello, where in the steam installation would I edit to make the above changes permanent? I love being able to remove the ambient light on the main character and light aura around him, but it gets tedious to retype the commands after every cutscene and map load. Is there a tutorial I missed?

While we are on the subject, what command would I edit to make blood decals permanent as well? It gets kind of unsatisfying to rampage through a map and backtrack later only to find the hallways perfectly clean.

Sorry if I am ignorant of a previous post. By the way, great game, I just bought it today. I loved the demo, especially using the roll move to breakdance to the disco scene. Just out of curiousity why is the laser rifle included in the demo? (If you use cheats and use givestuff you can get the laser rifle, there is no discription in the weapons upgrade menu though).

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:02 pm

FreePointz wrote:Hello, where in the steam installation would I edit to make the above changes permanent? I love being able to remove the ambient light on the main character and light aura around him, but it gets tedious to retype the commands after every cutscene and map load. Is there a tutorial I missed?
This is for mods/new user missions only... You can't make them permanent in the normal game. Well ok, I suppose you could do it by editing the user_autoexec.dhs file and insert the lines in the sub runcombat2 section. Might work, might not...

No idea about getting blood decals permanent...

FreePointz wrote:Sorry if I am ignorant of a previous post. By the way, great game, I just bought it today. I loved the demo, especially using the roll move to breakdance to the disco scene. Just out of curiousity why is the laser rifle included in the demo? (If you use cheats and use givestuff you can get the laser rifle, there is no discription in the weapons upgrade menu though).
Thanks. The Laser Rifle is hidden in the first New Atlantis mission, which is included in the demo, so that's why you get it if you cheat all the weapons. I deleted the description and upgrades for it, though. Probably should've left the description but oh well. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Frosty

Re: Light surrounding the player character.

Postby Frosty » Mon May 26, 2008 1:07 am

Even though this is an old post, I figured I'd at least put some *probably* true advice here on the decal thing in case anyone references this post looking it up.

Changing the decal fade time to 0 or a very high number should work, and changing max amount to a very high number should work, but will possibly reduce your fps in the area if there are too many (using the minigun on a wall, or something that leaves a lot of marks)

<<section of \Config\Options.txt in your game directory>>

Effects
{
decal_fade_time = 3000
decal_max_amount = 400
}

Return to “Mods / Level Editor”