Smash TV

Discussion about Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor Mods and the Level Editor.
Maverick4231

Smash TV

Postby Maverick4231 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:30 am

Hey guys, new around here. First off, just want to thank the Shadowgrounds team for their awesome effort into developing this game.

Right my point: I plan on using the level editor to create a smash TV mod. My question is concerning triggers and events. Primarily, I want the players to be in an arena that spawns creatures to attack the player and the player cannot progress until all the creatures/enemies have been killed off. What kind of scripting/triggers will be available to use? Will we be able to spawn enemies in masse? Can we temporarily cut off access to some open areas (aka invisible walls so players do not escape).

Second question: Will we be able to edit the weapons? An example would be pertaining to the automatic pistol the smash tv players carry. I plan on modifying the pulse rifle to have infinite ammo and a slower firing rate.

Anyways I hope to create an old school feel with the 3-d graphics, it should turn out to be interesting. Anyways, thanks for releasing the level editor, it should inspire alot of attention towards this game.

EDIT: A third question has just been brought to mind. When the level editor is released, will it be streamed by Steam (as I bought the game through Steam) and placed under the "Tools" Tab? (ala sin episodes SDK, red orchestra SDK, Source SDK...etc)

Hedgehog

Re: Smash TV

Postby Hedgehog » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:00 am

Maverick4231 wrote:Right my point: I plan on using the level editor to create a smash TV mod. My question is concerning triggers and events. Primarily, I want the players to be in an arena that spawns creatures to attack the player and the player cannot progress until all the creatures/enemies have been killed off. What kind of scripting/triggers will be available to use? Will we be able to spawn enemies in masse? Can we temporarily cut off access to some open areas (aka invisible walls so players do not escape).

Yes this is possible, it's possible to spawn enemies in masse. There were also rooms in Shadowgrounds that spawned a certain amount of aliens and you were only able to leave when they were killed. I'm not sure how to achieve the last thing, but it won't be too hard I guess.

Maverick4231 wrote:Second question: Will we be able to edit the weapons? An example would be pertaining to the automatic pistol the smash tv players carry. I plan on modifying the pulse rifle to have infinite ammo and a slower firing rate.

It's very easy to edit weapon stats like ammo, accuracy, range, clipsize, damage, etc. Also it'ps quite easy to edit the upgrades.
Visit #shadowgrounds on Quakenet!
Click here for a webclient.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Smash TV

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:37 am

All that should be possible with little effort.

Maverick4231 wrote:A third question has just been brought to mind. When the level editor is released, will it be streamed by Steam (as I bought the game through Steam) and placed under the "Tools" Tab? (ala sin episodes SDK, red orchestra SDK, Source SDK...etc)

This is the plan. Steam has tested the Editor and everything should be fine. Of course anything can happen, so a little patience won't hurt later today when it's released. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Maverick4231

Postby Maverick4231 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:19 pm

Awesome stuff man, I can only thank you for your support, I'll try getting my custom gameplay out as soon as possible with the highest amount of quality and in the meanwhile, I hope to meet other people and share ideas and tricks for modifying this game,

Hedgehog

Postby Hedgehog » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:44 pm

Maverick4231 wrote:Awesome stuff man, I can only thank you for your support, I'll try getting my custom gameplay out as soon as possible with the highest amount of quality and in the meanwhile, I hope to meet other people and share ideas and tricks for modifying this game,

:twisted:

new_vision

Postby new_vision » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:16 pm

We're at least three that are interested in modding this jewel piece of software. By the time i'm home the editor hopefully could be downloaded. What about tutorials? Anyone an idea if there are going to be some or is it all selfexplaining?

nv

Hedgehog

Postby Hedgehog » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:24 pm

new_vision wrote:We're at least three that are interested in modding this jewel piece of software. By the time i'm home the editor hopefully could be downloaded. What about tutorials? Anyone an idea if there are going to be some or is it all selfexplaining?

nv

Joel allready wrote some tutorials, also we can share our information on this forum and on IRC.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:34 pm

And I think we'll seriously consider the Wiki soon... the amount of information is getting out of hands for one man (me) to handle I think. :)

Anyway, the site will be updated today. I'm just waiting for final confirmation from the other side of the Atlantic.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Mods / Level Editor”