Shadowgrounds: Baxter's Sacrifice

Discussion about Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor Mods and the Level Editor.
si-d-jones

Shadowgrounds: Baxter's Sacrifice

Postby si-d-jones » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:07 pm

Shadowgrounds: Baxter’s Sacrifice is a fan-made mod based on the career of Lieutenant Dan Baxter, as he works his way up through the military and eventually takes part in the original story from the Shadowgrounds.

Play through missions from Baxter’s early career on earth, eventually being stationed on Ganymede where you can experience levels based in and around Wesley Tyler’s story from Shadowgrounds. Along the way learn more about the back-story of the IGTO, the Ganymede ‘research’ stations and, of course, Dan Baxter himself.

Currently the mod is in a very early stage of development, and as such we have no firm ETA for a release, although we hope to release a beta in the not too distant future. Find out more on our site:

http://shadowgrounds.wijchers.eu/

If you would be interested in joining our team, please contact us either by PM, the contact page on our site, or on our forum. We’re looking for people with experience in any of the following areas: level creation, texture work and voice acting.

Thanks, and we hope you enjoy the mod!

The Shadowgrounds: Baxter’s Sacrifice Team

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:21 pm

Awesome. I'm a little surprised that you opted to go for all-human enemies (I think?), but I'm interested to see how that goes. I hope it works out fine and of course we'll help from time to time if you run into issues. :)

Edit: Only on Earth, ok cool. :)
Last edited by fb_joel on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Hedgehog

Postby Hedgehog » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:27 pm

fb_joel wrote:Awesome. I'm a little surprised that you opted to go for all-human enemies (I think?), but I'm interested to see how that goes. I hope it works out fine and of course we'll help from time to time if you run into issues. :)

Only on earth you have human enemies. :)
Visit #shadowgrounds on Quakenet!
Click here for a webclient.

si-d-jones

Postby si-d-jones » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:28 pm

The current plan is to have a few missions against humans (from Baxter's career before he goes to Ganymede), then against aliens later on when the story merges with the original one.

Don't worry - there'll be plenty of aliens :D It wouldn't really be Shadowgrounds with them!

Heidi

Postby Heidi » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:14 pm

Waow great a new mod will come out... Don't know why but this name remind me something.... Ho yes I'm in the team ^^

fb_artz

Re: Shadowgrounds: Baxter's Sacrifice

Postby fb_artz » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:33 pm

You've picked a good main character for the mod and the story pitch sounds very interesting. I'm glad that Baxter receives the attention he deserves. He's also one of my personal favorite characters in SG. A true hero. :)

PS. We have some unused Baxter vocals that you might have use for. I'll wait for Joel to say something about giving them for the use of your mod.
// Ari 'artz' Pulkkinen, Frozenbyte Team
:: Music and Audio Producer
:: check http://www.aripulkkinen.com for more detail

si-d-jones

Postby si-d-jones » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:57 pm

That's what we thought as well :)

Btw, Baxter vocals would be great! If it's possible then we'd definitely like to use them.

Maverick4231

Postby Maverick4231 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:44 pm

No fair, I'm still waiting for the level editor, but at least my -to-be- mod will have some competition.

si-d-jones

Postby si-d-jones » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:50 pm

I guess we won't really be in competition (apart from maybe for 'Best Shadowgrounds Mod' :P ) as ours is based on the story, whereas your doing a SmashTV mod iirc.

It's great a few people are producing mods tho: hopefully it'll continue interest in Shadowgrounds and get Frozenbyte more money to create a sequel or whatever their next game will be.

Hedgehog

Postby Hedgehog » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:26 am

The host is moving the databaseserver, this will cause a little downtime of our forums. They expect to have everything solved within 2 hours from now.

si-d-jones

Postby si-d-jones » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:08 am

Thanks for the inclusion (and link) on you're site! :D

It's very much appreciated

Hedgehog

Postby Hedgehog » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:45 am

Just woke up and saw the host messed things up... Sent them an email that they should fix it asap.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:48 pm

I suppose there's no reason why we couldn't send the extra Baxter vocals. Honestly you shouldn't expect too much - it's just hit sounds and some general military shouts (like "move, move, move!"). Some of those might be useful, though.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Mods / Level Editor”