Deactivate Mod?

Discussion about Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor Mods and the Level Editor.
AnotherForumAccount

Deactivate Mod?

Postby AnotherForumAccount » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:39 pm

I'm on Steam, if that's relevant.

I installed the level editor, loaded the example mod into the game, started the game, activated the mod, played it.

Well... so far, so good.

But how do I get my freakin game back? Selected "No mod selected", pressed "Activate Mod". No go. Just selecting it, no go. Deleted the "Active.txt" in the mods dir. No go.

Give me my game back!

Oh, and while you're at it... mods need to be better documented. What's there is obviously insufficient (or maybe I'm just an idiot...)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:50 pm

That's a rather weird problem. However, I think we can solve it... create an empty Active.txt in the \Mods directory, and launch the Launcher now. What does it say in the box? (I believe the game checks for the Active.txt file, and if it's empty, then it means there's no mod activated. If it can't find the file, then it probably doesn't change anything, so that means a mod would be left active.)

And yeah the documentation sucks right now. There are plans to improve it by moving it to a Wiki and so on, but it takes some time. It's probably best to ask here for advice in the mean time.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

AnotherForumAccount

Postby AnotherForumAccount » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:10 pm

I took the brute-force way out... I just removed the mod and the Active.txt file :)

Return to “Mods / Level Editor”