Saving system

All discussion about Shadowgrounds Survivor, spin-off/sequel to Shadowgrounds that was released in late 2007.
ZEUS_GB

Saving system

Postby ZEUS_GB » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:49 pm

What will the saving system be like. Will it be the same as ShadowGrounds (save after each level), a checkpoint system or a save whenever you like system?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:26 pm

There's a lot of missions in the Campaign but the missions are much shorter now (promise!) so we decided to keep the save system similar. We may do some small tweaks but that's the plan right now.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

danishmo

Postby danishmo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:28 am

I think you should make it so, once you beat the game, you can play from any level on any difficulty. I don't want to have to start from level one every time I change the difficulty.

It would also be cool if you could have friends "hop in" the middle of a game.

CoolBoy

Postby CoolBoy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:17 am

The idea of having your friends "hop in" during the middle of the game is nice. However, because I personally felt the original Shadowgrounds was trying to be more serious than a score-keeping arcade game, I'm not sure I'm in support of it. Although, if you did include that option I would really appreciate the designers to not include a "player 2" hud when playing through the single player campaign for consistencies sake.
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb." Spaceballs

Jodwin

Postby Jodwin » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:34 pm

CoolBoy wrote:The idea of having your friends "hop in" during the middle of the game is nice. However, because I personally felt the original Shadowgrounds was trying to be more serious than a score-keeping arcade game, I'm not sure I'm in support of it. Although, if you did include that option I would really appreciate the designers to not include a "player 2" hud when playing through the single player campaign for consistencies sake.

*imagines a flashing "Press F2 to join" text in the upper right corner of the screen*

:lol:

That would also require a feature to stun every monster around the 2nd player when he jumps into the game, for nostalgia's sake. :wink:

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:56 am

I will try this now !!!!

SPAM, REMOVED

Morrin

Postby Morrin » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:16 pm

Spam alert

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:47 pm

Morrin wrote:Spam alert

You're right! How the *ell did that get past me a half-dozen times before I realized it was spam... Deleted. (Quite clever form of spam, I think I first thought it was some guy who didn't speak much English, but I should've noticed the links...).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Morrin

Postby Morrin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:56 am

I have a sixths sense with these. :)

Return to “Shadowgrounds Survivor”