Bugs

All discussion about Shadowgrounds Survivor, spin-off/sequel to Shadowgrounds that was released in late 2007.
Kadunta

Postby Kadunta » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:19 pm

When I first tried the game, after playing through a few levels I tried the survivor mode (Spider Trouble) with both the marine and the sniper. In both cases, all the enemies spawned inside the walls (in some cases, I saw their legs halfway outside the wall), and were unable to attack me.

The next day, after rebooting (and restarting the game; the first two attempts were made without restarting the game inbetween), the mode worked fine. I don't know if this 'feature' can be reproduced or not.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:47 pm

It's probably fixed in an upcoming update; the problem was most likely caused by a script that disabled enemy AI and it wasn't reset correctly for the next mission.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Kadunta

Postby Kadunta » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:44 pm

Just finished the game, and noticed the bug to repeat (I tried survival mode right after I finished the game). Then I restarted the game and the survival modes seemed to work just fine.

Also, in the winter survival level (Overtime or something like that) I seemed to run out of opponents at about 4min--5min into the game. I waited for a minute and then gave up.

When I finished the game and the credits began rolling, I apparently tossed around a few grenades and destroyed the mainframe, resulting in a failed mission.

And finally, depending on whether you see this as a bug or a feature, with the enemy intelligence and the sniper, you don't need a flashlight to see where the invisible baddies are, since their health bars do not disappear even if the serpents are invisible.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:33 pm

All are bugs and hopefully fixed in the next update. (Well Enemy Intelligence is not a bug as such but we'll probably change it anyway.)

And why do so many people try to play during credits... you're supposed to take your hands off the keyboard and mouse and stare at the credits vigorously! ;)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Kadunta

Postby Kadunta » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Something to check... it looks like I don't always get experience points for my kills, and it's not because of reaching the level XP cap. Looks like this happens when I score critical hits with the target lock (marine). I'm not certain whether this is because the lock or because of the critical hit kill.

TheVoid

Postby TheVoid » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:07 am

I think the following belongs in this thread too. As in the original Shadowgrounds, there are some rocks that aren't solid. In the level "Oops" you can get through such a rock and walk on the other side of the intended level part. I've made a video to show it a little better which can be found here (Filesize 33MB, I hope that's no problem). There are a few more such rocks in this level but as far as I've checked for now you couldn't get further out of the level part with them, but still I think they should be solid.

I also noticed something with upgrading health. When you upgrade your health to 150 (I think this should already not be happening :)) with Napalm, then the next time you play with the Marine/Sniper you've got 150 health too, but if you then play the level after that with the same character, your health is 125 again. It's like the amount of total health gets transfered to the next level if you start playing with a different character, and gets restored if you play the next level with the same character, something like that.

Another thing, I can't remember it exactly but it was something like this. I once played a level (Save the Scientist) and grabbed the secret and I believe I had 8 secrets at that moment and I didn't finish the level. Then I played the level again and collected the secret again but it said that I already collected it and I finished the level. I played the level again and finished the level but I didn't grab the secret, and in the next level I grabbed another secret and it said I had collected 8 secrets total, so somehow it didn't register the previous secret even though it said in the other playthrough that I already collected it :)

Maybe someone else can take a closer look at these things too.

EDIT: I've found another hole in the beginning of "Canyon to Hell", here's a video.

Ztorm

Postby Ztorm » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:56 pm

I experience the same bug as Kadunta: monsters stop spawning on Overtime Pay (survival mode)
I tried with all characters, it's always the same: the 40th monster will never show up, you're stuck at 39 and nothing happens. :?
(FYI I usually play with Disappearing Corpses off, turning it back on doesn't fix the bug.)

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:10 pm

The health thing is a known issue. If you would have read the topic in full, you'd see that. I haven't played it since either of the updates, but it seemed pretty random for me. I could play a few levels as a particular person and it the health would at one point rise beyond their maximum capacity once I grabbed a medkit.

Pitlord

Postby Pitlord » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:17 pm

I guess I should have posted my reply here. Anyways.

http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/forumv ... php?t=1518

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:40 pm

We'll see them all... but in general it's better to post bugs here, so it'll be easier for us to check them. (Same goes for the impressions etc, most of them are quite nicely in that one thread so it will be easier to go through them.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:09 pm

Joel, might I suggest that you sticky this thread?

Lorax86

Postby Lorax86 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:36 am

A few things I've noticed in Survivor mode (can you tell this is my favorite part of the game? :)) I don't know if these are bugs or intentional.

Napalm never receives his "Improved Rotation" upgrade to cut load time in half.

In the Keep Your Claws Off stage, leveling up while in the sentry gun will not give you your upgrade for your weapon or your character. Also if you miss the upgrade you won't be able to get it later.

After a certain point, you stop getting points for kills no matter how high your kill count is. You have the same 65000 cap at 300 kills or 2400 kills.

matches81

Postby matches81 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:17 am

sry I can't provide any more specific info on these two, but I had trouble loading / starting two missions of the "story mode":
- Inferno: Game loaded, monolog was played, after clicking on start nothing happened. The screen went black and stayed that way. Music continued to play.
- Keep your claws off: First time I was placed outside the map, next to the normal starting point. Second time I tried it without restarting the game the same thing happened as in Inferno: Screen went black, music played on.

After restarting the game everything went fine, though.

Lorax86

Postby Lorax86 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:44 am

Another thing I've noticed.. I don't seem to get any experience from using Brute Slayer. Surely using it 4 times in a row would budge my experience bar a little?

The Marine is just so gimped in Survivor mode :(. Would really help if he started out with Critical Hits like Sniper and Napalm. He only has 3 character upgrades available at the beginning unlike the other two who have 4.

Roidal

Re: Bugs

Postby Roidal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:57 pm

- Napalm Flame doesn't always work when you press the button (fully charged).

I don't think this is a bug, look at the amount of the Flamethrower-fuel, you need at least 40 Points for the Napalm Flame.

Viking

Postby Viking » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Don't know if you'd class this as a bug, or more a little glitch, but the 'Enemies Killed' counter sticks with Isabel from the Shrieking Tunnels levels right through to the rest of the game.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:28 pm

I should go through this read again properly...

The Sniper's counter is a feature actually. It's a story element (the counting of kills). Maybe we didn't present it clearly enough. (Unless you mean it's displayed for other characters too, that would be unwanted behaviour.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Viking

Postby Viking » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:11 pm

Ah right. My bad. I thought it was just for the one level it was meant to stick with the sniper not through the rest of the game for her. No other character has the kill count so we doing good. :)

Viking

Postby Viking » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Not so much a bug but on Save the Scientist (which has been mentioned before) and Keep your Claws Off it shows "[Localization Missing]" on the map screen rather than the current mission objective.

Return to “Shadowgrounds Survivor”