Horrible Soryline

All discussion about Shadowgrounds Survivor, spin-off/sequel to Shadowgrounds that was released in late 2007.
TwistedGamez

Horrible Soryline

Postby TwistedGamez » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:13 am

Hey,

After compleating, Shadowgrouns i loved it and it was a great expirence and storyline, so then i beat Shadowgrounds Survivor, the phisics are good, but the storyline was basic, with no explination of what happend since the original game,

1. What happend to the main char?
2. How did new atlantis fall?
3. The aliens in the last game said that they would take the monsters away?

Those three main points were left out, meaning there was no connection with the original and this one. It would be really good if a squal could be a continuation, not compleatly diffrent.

Also there was only one boss battle in the Shadowgrounds Survivor, the one at the beginning, the large version of the monster in the top left corner of this forum....

Can someone please explain why the game is so different, and why it was not explained.

P.S If the to games were ment to be set in the same time period, how come when in Survivor they went to new atlantis is was all destroyed?

Hazza

Thor

Postby Thor » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:38 pm

I didn't read much about it but i assumed it runs alongside the original so these are a few more survivors that never met up with the other guy.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:08 pm

Shadowgrounds Survivor is set in the same time period as the original, like Thor said.

SPOILERS:

So essentially both SG and SGS end around the same time - Wesley & co are coming back around the time the Sentries come online...

But I do agree that we could have made that much clearer to the player.

Also, New Atlantis is a big colony (what you saw in the original SG was just a small part of it). So New Atlantis is not fully destroyed at the end of SGS, just some parts of it.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Molo

Postby Molo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:47 am

Its ok Joel, I made the connection between the two :D

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 am

I didn't have any issues making the connection either. I don't know what the OP's problem is.

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:45 pm

I suppose any blanks could be filled in by user mods. :)

sober

Postby sober » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:38 pm

C'mon dont be picky. To play game like this today, when everybody else is making garbage games, is an honour.
So what if the storyline is not as strong, game is still GREAT !!!!

TwistedGamez

Yeah..

Postby TwistedGamez » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:58 pm

But my reason was, they didnt show that it was happening at the same time, and the word survivors, basically means the ones left, so with no storyline, and the characters saying new Atlantis is destroyed, (witch you got to go to in number one) made me think it was after the original, then that made me think, didn't the aliens say "We will leave this planet and take the monsters away,". So i thought a few more cut scenes would have been better, or a scene where they cross paths, with the original character, then he sates that he is going to rescue some people in destroyed new Atlantis, would have shown a. that it is parallel, b. that not all of new Atlantis is destroyed, witch would have not made you think that the aliens lied.

Hazza

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:23 pm

Look, the storyline wasn't hard to follow. If you really had a hard time following it, that is your own problem. Your first problem is that you assumed "Survivor" meant that only those people were survivors. No where in the game did it mention that! Keep in mind that we also do no know how large New Atlantis is. It could literally be half the size of Rhode Island. What we've seen of it has only been different sections.

Use your brain. (BTW, learn to use the word "which" properly.)

CheeseThief

Postby CheeseThief » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:05 pm

If your going to compair the story lines, I find it easier to look at what they left out of Survivor for points of reference.

For instance, a crashing starship would be a rather large plot point to miss out on, so we can assume that Survivor finishs before the Provectus gets shot out of the sky.

Secondly we can assume that Survivor starts sometime between the opening movie of Shadowgrounds, and by the time Tyler finds his pistol. Simple reason, because Lastmann starts is in the same situation, just replace Pistol with Flamethrower.

The major point of Survivor is to save New Atlantis, no sence moving with post haste to save an evacuated Ruin so that proves Survivor ends well before Shadowgrounds.

As far as story goes, I see survivor leading up to the fighting at New Atlantis, the delaying action before the people can be evacuated, so there are people still left to evacuate. Plot hole? How the hell did the Doc get there, I locked him in a crashed shuttle.

How did the Aliens eventually get into New Atlantis? Probably because those Sentry Guns only have about 1000 rounds, and because the Aliens are made out to be smart enough to not get caught with their pants down again by serious hardware they thought was deactivated. If they can down a starship, they can deal with a few Sentry Guns.

Return to “Shadowgrounds Survivor”