US version / steam?

All discussion about Shadowgrounds Survivor, spin-off/sequel to Shadowgrounds that was released in late 2007.
Morrin

US version / steam?

Postby Morrin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi,

My foreign friend sended me shadowgrounds: survivor that is apparently the US version (meridian4). Do I really need to install steam?

I still boycott steam and it holds. If it is the last option to send it back to my friend, Im afraid I have to do so. So dissappointing to me and my friend..

And does the finnish version require steam?
Last edited by Morrin on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman654

Postby bman654 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:50 pm

You can buy non-steam version from http://www.totalgaming.net

But if he "sent you the steam version" then you would need to install steam to play it.

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm

And what's wrong with STEAM? It generally tends to work pretty well.

Morrin

Postby Morrin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:21 am

Everything is wrong about it, and I have explained thousand times before in thousands of forums ever since steam was published. Most people were pissed then, but most are softened now by time. I don't soften by time, I remember those who I hate.

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 am

"Everything is wrong about it" is a stupid and nondescriptive reason.

It's a content delivery system that gives more money to developers, which seems to work fairly well in that regards.

It's not really even that buggy anymore. Granted some people still can't get it to work (a very small percentage), but you'll get that with anything.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:01 pm

Morrin, the Finnish version does not have Steam nor any other such thing. So feel free to get that from the stores. (It is a shame that your friend already sent the game, though.)

The North American version does require Steam, that is correct. It seems that most of the early hate has now calmed down, but we'll try to provide alternatives when we can (in this case it's our own production run of the game, and it will be made available by worldwide mail-order soon). Various online services like TotalGaming.net, GamersGate, Direct2Drive and some others also sell the game without Steam (of course they usually have some kind of other method).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Morrin

Postby Morrin » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:51 pm

kneo24 wrote:"Everything is wrong about it" is a stupid and nondescriptive reason.

And I said that I have explained thousand times already, that's why I won't explain again.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Doesn't really matter; the main thing is that for those who want to avoid Steam, there is an option available (in Finland and in most of Europe, and soon worldwide from us directly).

I rather not have this turn into a battleground, so let's not go into too much detail about Steam and likes and dislikes here. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Morrin

Postby Morrin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:11 pm

Yeah. I want to play survivor but I really felt down when I had to refuse the friendly gesture of my friend. I know I could have eaten my attitude, but I have my opinions...

Return to “Shadowgrounds Survivor”