Buying Shadowgrounds Survivor Online.

All discussion about Shadowgrounds Survivor, spin-off/sequel to Shadowgrounds that was released in late 2007.
Jimyd

Buying Shadowgrounds Survivor Online.

Postby Jimyd » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:16 am

I have a question.

I wen't to your purblisher (Meridian4) webpage at: http://www.meridian4.com/ and it shows that you have boxed versions available.

My question is, are these English versions that contain a physical CD and not just download keys?

Yes I'm one of those that likes to avoid steam and likes to have a physical CD incase steam (Valve) ever goes under.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:47 am

On their site, if you take the "Buy now Boxed version" link, you will get a boxed version. It's a nice packaging I think. It's a DVD actually but I doubt that matters.

However, the North American version (the above) requires Steam, i.e. the installer will install a Steam version of the game. This has many benefits like easy updates etc, but in your case I guess you don't want that.

So the remaining option is to wait until we get our shop up and running and can sell a limited amount of non-Steam versions; this is only recommended for those who really can't have a Steam version. We are setting the store up and hopefully it will launch silently during the weekend. I can post a link here when it does. It will only accept PayPal in the beginning, though.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Jimyd

Postby Jimyd » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:22 pm

Paypal will be fine, and thanks for replying.

Jimyd

Postby Jimyd » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:20 pm

So how is that store coming along?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:11 am

It's coming along. Temp stuff now up and pm sent.

I'll send a private message with a link to anyone interested in getting this version.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:26 am

Count me in.
Check out my retro goodness YouTube channel

pasdutout

Postby pasdutout » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:32 pm

I'd also be more than happy to buy Shadowgrounds Survivor (and the first episode too if there is a bundle) as long as i do not need to use Steam or another of those systems I don't trust.
(btw, i don't need a physical CD, a clean download will do)

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:13 pm

ZEUS_GB wrote:Count me in.
As long as we get patch support as well.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:45 pm

I'll try to get the site up today evening... And yes patch support is of course guaranteed.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Viking

Postby Viking » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:27 pm

The sooner the better is all I can say! :D

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Alright, I'm sending private messages to everyone who wants to check it out. PMs sent to the above posters now.

Hopefully it'll be public tomorrow.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Viking

Postby Viking » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Cool. Looking a bit bare atm (of course) but the basics are there anyway! Obviously I had to test it worked 100% correctly so I of course ordered SGS. :wink: (Hey, better than waiting until May!)

Really appreciated the Finnish/English instructions set up in the purchase page.

On a sidenote, will the original SG be getting sold on there once it's all set up? I assume this was just done very quickly to get SGS out there first of all.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:33 pm

Yeah SGS was the priority. With SG we have a problem with the covers being all-Finnish, so we'll have to figure out a way to solve that. In the worst case we'll just put it on sale as it is...

And the payment cleared fine, your package will be posted tomorrow. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Viking

Postby Viking » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:31 am

All I can say to that is Hurrah! :D :D :D

Viking

Postby Viking » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:07 pm

Arrived this morning. Not had a chance to install it but will do tonight!
Only a tiny tiny tiny quibble (which I can't really complain about) is the manual is only in Finnish. But hey, considering the UK release of SG never even had a manual this is officially a step up! :lol:

As they may say on e-bay: Speedy delivery. Triple A service. Highly recommended. :wink:

EDIT: Installed, auto-patched up to 1.07. Working fine. :D

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Great to hear. :)

And yes the manual is in Finnish. In hindsight we should've just made a properly multilingual box, but it was such a hurry that it didn't really occur to us at that point, and now it's kind of too late. I'm very disappointed that I forgot to make the game's language change to English if the installer was used in English (this is like a 2-line change and simple to do - I just forgot) - so now we have to tell everyone how to change the language to English... oh well. Live and learn! :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:22 pm

The launcher language isn't a big issue. It's simple enough to change the language, click the down arrow next to Suomi, select Englanti and you're done.
Check out my retro goodness YouTube channel

Return to “Shadowgrounds Survivor”