Multiplayer: having a hard time telling eachother apart

All discussion about Shadowgrounds Survivor, spin-off/sequel to Shadowgrounds that was released in late 2007.
eulogy

Multiplayer: having a hard time telling eachother apart

Postby eulogy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:38 am

The cursors are different colors, while that helps it's still a bit confusing at times.

I'm playing with 3 friends, and seeing as there are 3 characters, is there any way to have us each play a different character?

Like a cheat, or a mod... or even just something that allows our characters to appear different, because right now it's a little unplayable.

Thanks.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Multiplayer: having a hard time telling eachother apart

Postby fb_joel » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Sorry for the delayed reply...

I think the characters should have different colors - this was probably patched at some point, might not have been in the release version. Seems to have been done in 1.06 (* ADD: Co-op specific colors for characters).

As for where to get the patch... it depends on the version of the game - some European retail, or what. Steam version should already be fully patched.

So if anyone else is having this problem, let me know the version of the game you have and I'll try to find the correct patch. I can't provide direct links because the patches are specific to each version.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

EmJayFin

Postby EmJayFin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:45 pm

I haven't dl the new updates at all but if they don't have this option then I suggest them.
Make names appear over the player's head and you could see them even if you are being behind a wall and the character out of site. Names would be the same as the control scheme's names. And could we custom color our "gun pointers". And make the cursor work as the gamepads cursor when you are loading so it dosen't fade into grey for easier tracking when you are playing co-op.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:54 pm

Thanks, those are good ideas but truth be told, they probably won't happen as we're not actively developing either of the Shadowgrounds games at the moment and this probably wont' change anymore. We might do some "final" patches once things calm down on other fronts but this kind of gameplay modifications are probably out of scope. Sorry!
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

allenkong

Postby allenkong » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:38 pm

I got this problem too, where can I download the update?
Thanks.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Please note this may screw up your game a bit so please take a backup of your game first.

Then download: http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/sgs_up ... emp107.zip and extract in the game folder. It will make the game "Finnish" but it shouldn't have any effect (except perhaps language choices, hence why you should have a backup). Let me know how it goes.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:14 am

would it be possible to make shadowgrounds split screen? i think that would help alot.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Everything's possible but split screen isn't reasonable. We're not going to make such major updates to the SG games anymore to be honest. Split screen would have been cool I give you that (I used to play a lot of Cyberdogs and whatnot in split screen with friends). But it's a much bigger task than "regular" co-op, so that's why it was never done in the first place.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Shadowgrounds Survivor”