ShadowGround 1+2 for Ps3 store or xbox 360 arcarde?

All discussion about Shadowgrounds Survivor, spin-off/sequel to Shadowgrounds that was released in late 2007.
Farang

ShadowGround 1+2 for Ps3 store or xbox 360 arcarde?

Postby Farang » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:04 pm

huhu , i hope to get an answer, both games (shadow grounds 1+2) are my favourit ones . but mostly i love to play with ps3 and xbox 360 .

trine was a very good game for ps3 too .. you might have any planes to release shadowgrounds 1+2 to ps store and xboxlive arcarde ?

i hope so much you have plans ;)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: ShadowGround 1+2 for Ps3 store or xbox 360 arcarde?

Postby fb_joel » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Well, it's always possible, but we would probably rather create a new Shadowgrounds game than to try to port the old ones. We don't have any immediate plans as of now, but we will see what happens once Trine 2 is released and we decide our next projects... We definitely want to work on Shadowgrounds in the future too, just not sure when that time is exactly. :)

(I deleted the post on the other forum, I hope that is ok.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ledomira

Postby ledomira » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:30 am

I second the motion. I would add that I'd like to see customizable controls and hud transparency options if you make a psn/xbox live version. Everyone's different, so those two options are always a good idea. (I haven't actually played it yet, so I don't know if those options are in the PC version, just asking for it if it comes to consoles).

JRantajoki

Postby JRantajoki » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:13 am

I had to register only to say this.
Yes please do! There are so many console players who pretty much dont even know of Shadowgrounds,
and i bet it would be even more popular than Trine (which is awesome!). If you did a new Shadowgrounds now that would be even better.. I had to come here to see if theres any news of future after i played Zombie Nation for a bit and immediately thought "id rather have a new shadowgrounds!". Even the new Alien Breed games suck grrr!

:)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Yeah, I can say as a personal opinion that all the recent top-down shooters... they're not so good. Dead Nation is the only one that I somewhat enjoy. It's pretty good, and I like it better now that I "learned" to play it properly (a weird thing to say but true in this case). It still has its flaws, and is in many ways very different to what I/we would prefer to do. Alien Swarm is also quite different and didn't do much for me personally, but I understand why some like it. Some of the other new games I've tried but didn't really enjoy much.

So anyhow, long story short - we might still create a new Shadowgrounds game sometime in the future. We actually had a new SG concept in pre-production two years ago, heh... we have lots of cool ideas and I think we could make one hell of an experience out of it. We'll have to see what happens. I guess I can reveal a little secret in that we have a few different future "scenarios" (dependent on Trine 2 success) and a new SG game is included in one of those scenarios if Trine 2 does really well. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:56 am

:mrgreen: Marketing speeches...

But I wouldn't mind seeing another Shadowgrounds game with online coop possibility, good level editor support and other modding thing supports. :) I really liked the first Shadowgrounds, the second felt a bit different but was nice too. Also the cutscenes on first Shadowgrounds were nice. :)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

kristian

Postby kristian » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Joel! I stumbled across the forums to check how they've updated. And had to re-register to answer to this reply:

"Alien Swarm is also quite different and didn't do much for me personally, but I understand why some like it."

... I'd have to say that Alien Swarm is by far the best co-op experience i've had since RE5 and Borderlands..

I think you should take another try and try to play the game through. You shouldn't play it on too easy setting as it will discourage co-op... find the 3 greatest topdown shooter fans and try it online for atleast 4 hours and it will be a blast. The beginning levels dont give the game much justice.

Btw. See you on tuesday :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Perhaps, perhaps. I'm just not very big on online multiplayer and don't have the time (as you know heh). And Borderlands was a huge disappointment to me, didn't feel fun at all. Maybe I should go get my head checked or something. ;)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

arnold

Postby arnold » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:51 pm

I bought all of your games and I love them all. If the success of Trine2 would make Shadowground 2 come true, I'll definitely buy Trine2 for SG2. Right now I'm more excited about SG2 plan than Trine2. :lol:

arnold

Postby arnold » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Shadowground has great story, great graphics, awesome A.I. enemies, and good XBOX360 controller support. I hope future SG will fully support XBox360 controller and I want to remind Frozenbyte that there're still fans of SG waiting for new SG world to come. SG for the win!

robsongtr

Postby robsongtr » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:09 pm

I have to say that ShadowGround is an intense game and I too am looking forward to any future release of this monster game. Keep it going! 8)

petej19094

Postby petej19094 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Sorry I know this is an old thread, but I had to place my vote too! I'd love to see both Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor on PSN or Xbox Live! Any chance? I promise to buy everything you guys ever release! lol :lol:

andreatopo

Postby andreatopo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:11 pm

I also will buy Shadowgrounds Survivor on PSN if released!

EasterSudharta

Postby EasterSudharta » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 am

I also want to play shadowGround. :(
my love is vengeance that never fades

ledomira

Postby ledomira » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 pm

I like modding too much. If a SG game were released on consoles with lots of hud options (to turn all the parts off individually or set transparency) and a customizable camera option, I would be interested.

Return to “Shadowgrounds Survivor”