Chapter length

All discussion about Shadowgrounds Survivor, spin-off/sequel to Shadowgrounds that was released in late 2007.
whettingstone

Chapter length

Postby whettingstone » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:28 am

I just wondered about the approximate chapter lengths in this game. There's guesstimates for Shadowgrounds on the faq for that game but I haven't been able to find any for Survivor.

The only-saves-at-chapters really throws a wrench in my gears. Having two small children does not promote sitting undisturbed by the computer in low stretches. :(

Is there a possibility to get a manual save or use the checkpoints (that you come back to when died) as save points? Even having them closer together would help a lot. Possibly even at each mission update.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Chapter length

Postby fb_joel » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Ah, indeed... Well with SGS we were aware of the limitations of our save system so we designed the levels to be a lot shorter. This worked well for the most part I think, although there are a few that run a bit longer. On average they shouldn't last more than 15 minutes each.

There's no handy estimate table for the levels, but there are savegames.

There are also some cheats... The best one and the simplest to use is to open the ingame console with the F8 key, and write "help" (without the quotations). If I remember right it should give you the ability to walk through walls for 5 seconds, which can come in handy in many situations (like if you are replaying a level and can't be bothered with getting a keycard, or so).

I hope this helps.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Shadowgrounds Survivor”