Communication in online Co-Op

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.

Do you think Trine 2 co-op will have Communication?

Yes, Microphone and Text
79%
Yes, Text or microphone only
16%
No, none at all
5%

Total votes: 19

Lucas W

Communication in online Co-Op

Postby Lucas W » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:04 am

Do you think that Trine 2 will allow text talking? Microphone talking?

Or do you think that it will have none, which would further add to the challenge of completing puzzles?

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Communication in online Co-Op

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:17 am

I'm thinking there's at least some way to communicate to make it easier to understand what people think so I voted the number 2 option because I think there will be at least a text chat implemented. Voice chat is a bit trickier to implement than just a plain text chat so I doubt there's a voice chat.

But I wouldn't mind if there was a voice chat too. =)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Yeah we haven't decided these 100% - text chat at least will happen on PC but on consoles it'd make more sense to have voice chat, so we'll probably try to make that happen too (and if so, then of course PC should get it too).

So I once again get to say my favorite phrase of the day, "we'll see". :mrgreen:
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Lelldorianx

Postby Lelldorianx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:35 am

I normally never use in-game voice chat, I kind of opt for a 3rd party VoIP hoster, but on occasion it can be useful. If there is a matchmaking (non-server based) option, then voice chat can be good. If it's meant to be played just with people you have on your friends list, well they probably already have a comm system setup.

For sure include text chat though. I like to play games with my speakers sometimes, it's nice to have text available as an option!

Canian

Postby Canian » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Any Update on this?

My friends and I use the PS3 comm system all the time (video chat and voice chat). All of us liked Trine and we just saw the trailers for Trine 2. We were worried about how to communicate with 3 people without trying to set up a conference call or 3-way call every time we wanted to play.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:13 pm

We are going to include in-game voice chat to Trine 2.

xitrum

Postby xitrum » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:45 am

I'll see how well this in-game voice chat works. It's not a deal breaker for me. I've always use Skype to sub for games that lack voice chat (or poorly implemented ones).

Return to “Trine 2”