Patch coming next week (week 4)

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
fb_joel
Site Admin

Patch coming next week (week 4)

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:28 am

Hello,

The first patch is coming on week 4 (next week). We are currently testing it.

The patch will fix a couple of mission bugs, some general bugs, and a couple of technical bugs (mostly related to GeForce 6600 GT cards). A new difficulty level is also included. More technical bugs will be fixed in future patches.

If you have a technical problem that prevents you from playing a retail copy of Shadowgrounds, please be patient. I hope to collect all the really nasty technical bugs next week, and then we'll make a list of what will be fixed in the future.

Cheers,
Joel
Last edited by fb_joel on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:49 am

Thanks for the info!
If you need more private beta patch testers, let me know. :roll:
Some kind of known bugs list would be really nice!

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:27 pm

great news ...my 6600gt will love this patch ;)

poz kz0r

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Wow, thank you! :D I can see the 'insane' difficulty level before my eyes already :) I was hoping to see fixes for the major lags that I have encountered in Water Treatment Facility and The Mines. It is impossible to pass by them and they make playing SG really painful.

There are series of minor glitches in dialogue (missing letters in logs) and environment (several places where player is able to walk in the air). These do not have much to do with the gaming experience, but are they going to be fixed?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:44 am

Sampo wrote:There are series of minor glitches in dialogue (missing letters in logs)

Let me know about these - there shouldn't be any. These are my responsibility directly, so all this stuff definitely gets patched.

Friday looks like the patch day...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:18 pm

Right now I can remember two of those:

1. in the beginning of Water treatment facility (or in the middle of Introduction level) some log speaks about a poker game. There is one 'for' word where r-letter is missing.
2. In water treatment facility Tyler finds the yellow key card and tells about 'creatures munching on the guard's body'. Then Arwyn says to Tyler that "Get down here!." With an additional dot in the end.

Looking forward to the patch! :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:32 pm

Sampo wrote:1. in the beginning of Water treatment facility (or in the middle of Introduction level) some log speaks about a poker game. There is one 'for' word where r-letter is missing.
2. In water treatment facility Tyler finds the yellow key card and tells about 'creatures munching on the guard's body'. Then Arwyn says to Tyler that "Get down here!." With an additional dot in the end.

Thanks a lot. These will be fixed.

Unfortunately the patch got delayed to Monday. Not our fault, though! The copyprotection simply got delayed because the copyprotection company guy isn't in the office today. Sorry. :(
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

scratchinmyhead

Postby scratchinmyhead » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:06 pm

damn sampo, you have a lot of free time, do you?

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:02 pm

Actually I don't :)

I've just recently spent a lot of the free time I've got to play Shadowgrounds.

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:38 pm

While you're at it, you could allow players to hit enter when starting a level. It is a bit annoying to always move the mouse to that vague start button.

Znake

Postby Znake » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:24 pm

Sampo wrote:While you're at it, you could allow players to hit enter when starting a level. It is a bit annoying to always move the mouse to that vague start button.

Or do it with a controller if none of the players are using the keyboard. I have a USB PlayStation2 connector so I use PS2 controllers to play with my friends and it disturbs sometimes to go and click "start" or "ok" with the mouse when it probably could be done with the controller also.

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:40 pm

Darn, I was really waiting for the patch :?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:58 pm

Znake wrote:
Sampo wrote:While you're at it, you could allow players to hit enter when starting a level. It is a bit annoying to always move the mouse to that vague start button.

Or do it with a controller if none of the players are using the keyboard. I have a USB PlayStation2 connector so I use PS2 controllers to play with my friends and it disturbs sometimes to go and click "start" or "ok" with the mouse when it probably could be done with the controller also.

Actually, I think you can use the controller to click start. Just move the thumbstick a few times to some direction, and it should eventually land on the start button.

To use enter to start a level would be a good addition. Going to my list... (Might be trickier to add than you think, though.)

The patch is delayed because we haven't received the new Finnish .exe. When that is delivered to us, we'll release the patch. I don't know why it takes so long. :?
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”