Release date

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Augustenborg

Release date

Postby Augustenborg » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:42 pm

When is the release date for trine 2? Can't find any information on it really...

Quandrastorm

Re: Release date

Postby Quandrastorm » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:46 pm

there isnt any yet, and pre-order on steam didnt start either

Szymciak

Postby Szymciak » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:02 pm

They tweeted that they're aiming for September release not too long ago ;)

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:09 pm

We don't want to give any too accurate guesses as our Trine 1 supposed release dates backfired really bad :oops:

What I can promise is that we will ship a great game :D

loadstone007

Postby loadstone007 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Yep, I remember the release issues with the first game. Just wait for a final release date announcement. For now, I wouldn't wait for September - you might be disappointed.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:25 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:We don't want to give any too accurate guesses as our Trine 1 supposed release dates backfired really bad :oops:

What I can promise is that we will ship a great game :D

So you cant keep the Summer 2011 release window? I think you guys should only put as a release "When its done".

EvilKitten

Postby EvilKitten » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:24 am

This situation has become the norm for many titles for too long, I doubt it can really be helped, it's always difficult to judgew how long a project can take, and, whilst I'm really eagerly anticipating the release, and a little disappointed that it seems by all accounts we might be waiting until November or later, I know also that rushed releases enforced by publishers with horrendously stressful crunch-time on developers leads to increased chances of (serious) bugs and somewhat unfinished, sub-standard games. The polish on Trine 1 showed just what Frozenbyte can do, and I am sure that that little extra wait will be well worth it for a game the devs will be sure is ready and are proud of.

We know T2 is in the works and presumably is almost complete if not in testing, so there's little to really worry about. With this knowledge, it's probably a good thing we're not being given amended release dates continually updated as for whatever reasons they get pushed back further, as that would only leads to more frustration. Instead, it's so much more likely that next thing we hear about a definite release date will be the real deal ;)

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Thanks to everyone for understanding the situation.

We are still working on finalizing the game, but it's not too long until it will go to further approval process(es). Please remember that both our publisher and console channels do their own testing after we have completed the game, and the release date is only set after the game passes all the tests, so it's a while away until we even know the release date (and it's not set by us!).

Our number one goal is to deliver a great game, and if that takes a delay of a few weeks we will rather opt that than failing to deliver the game that everyone have waited (or developed) this long.

loadstone007

Postby loadstone007 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:33 pm

It's hard to be patient...
Oh, and my girlfriend keeps asking me about this game on a weekly basis :)

Neolander

Postby Neolander » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Any indication about preorders ?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:47 pm

At the moment, no. Pre-orders are tied to the release. So basically, when pre-orders start, we'll know the release date (or at least a rough month).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

clayton2

Postby clayton2 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 am

At this point, is a September release still realistic?

FULLMETAL56

Postby FULLMETAL56 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Last edited by FULLMETAL56 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:39 pm

September is not realistic. It'll be Q4 but no exact month/date. I hope we could announce something in September though but that's not a promise.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

FULLMETAL56

Postby FULLMETAL56 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Last edited by FULLMETAL56 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

fb_Exc

Postby fb_Exc » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:11 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:Please remember that both our publisher and console channels do their own testing after we have completed the game, and the release date is only set after the game passes all the tests, so it's a while away until we even know the release date (and it's not set by us!).

Our number one goal is to deliver a great game, and if that takes a delay of a few weeks we will rather opt that than failing to deliver the game that everyone have waited (or developed) this long.

Yes, we are of course doing some heavy testing ourselves as well and it's looking good! :)
Senior Producer @ Frozenbyte, Inc.

Shogun

Postby Shogun » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Any updates? It must be near now. Oct/Nov maybe?

GhostX

Postby GhostX » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:28 am

Hi, I have two questions...

1. Can we expect this game to be launched in early October? I'm hoping so because that will allow us to play this game before the big AAA titles like battlefield, uncharted and skyrim hit the market.

2. Will this game have a platinum trophy for the ps3? I'll be buying Trine 2 regardless but a plat for it will be awesome. I only heard about and bought Trine 1 because it was one of the only ps3 downloadable games featuring a platinum trophy. The best downloadable console game I ever played.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:56 pm

1. Unfortunately October is out of question, the approval process can easily take a few months. (and that is completely out of our hands!)

2. We cannot confirm anything yet. What I can tell is that our trophies/achievements are very fun and they can be collected in numerous ways, in both single and multiplayer. 8)

tommyla

Postby tommyla » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Holidays 2011 is good for me ;)
meybe i get nostalgia from when i played trine 1 during the holidays in 2009

Pi$$ed0ff

Postby Pi$$ed0ff » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:31 am

WTF? i love this game and u guys BUT i came here today expecting a release date for trine 2 and i pretty much just read on this forum "it could be out before the world ends" i was told via your website "march" then u pushed it all the way back to September (wtf again) and even now u say it wont be out in October?!?!?! ur not even sure if your going to be a month or 2 late on the already pushed back dead line? i have a job, if i fail to produce results before the dead line id be in trouble if I'm given an extension and I'm STILL late (with no idea of when id be done)id be out of a job. what makes "frozenbyte" so special?

as a fan of the game sense day Fu<|<!|\|g one i think i deserve to at least know if u guys can finish the job your paid to do before the end of the year. i thinks its F-ed up that u guys probably get paid more than me to do a 5!ttyer job

i was showing this game to some buds the other day and they asked "when is it going to be out" its really annoying to have to say "possibly within the next 3 to 5 years, maybe they'll wrap it up before the PS4 comes out (who knows)"

Wolfenschfung

Postby Wolfenschfung » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi, everybody !! I'm waiting Trine2 as you are, but you know, a great game it's hard to made. I mean something without bugs, implemented as it should be. And whenever it will be ready it will be a GREAT game, that's my opinion. To wait it's a quality that we must have because it's worth it :D . So, frozenbyte guys, keep the good work, and don't let Pontius and Amadeus to do bad things, 'cause they are dedicated to this :wink:

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks. :)

Pi$$ed0ff wrote:...

I replied to you in the email but I guess I'll just copypaste it here:

Sorry to hear about the disappointment. It's certainly understandable, however from our point of view our ultimate goal is to create a game that is as good as possible. We don't want to release a game that is crap, in other words. It would not be fair to anybody, least of all you and other gamers.

It's true that we fail at estimating the release dates though. The explanation for that is probably that it's very hard to predict them when there's a lot of creativity going around. I'd like to think that it shows in the quality of our games, though. (We have full control of the game/project so we don't have to answer to anybody really, i.e. publishers don't tell us what to do or when to do it, which explains why we can get away with delaying the game.)

I think it's a bit harsh to say that we do a shitty job on Trine 2, to be perfectly honest. Let's at least wait until the game is out so you can make a proper judgement. :)

And to answer the main question here, Trine 2 will be released before 2011 is over. We're still working on the game a little bit and after that it will go to console certification processes that usually take around 2 months, and then it will be released. That's all I can say on this right now but I hope it gives you an idea of when to expect the game. Give the Trial version a shot when the game is out, I hope you will forgive us then. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Pre-order? Pretty please. :3

It doesn't matter whether the release date will be in the end of this year or in the end of the next year. I just want to pre-order already and support you. :)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Working on it... The price will most likely be announced together with the pre-order, they are a bit linked... So we'll see how it goes. In any case it's getting closer, even if it will still take weeks rather than days.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine 2”