Please add a "HUD off" feature if possible

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Jehuty

Please add a "HUD off" feature if possible

Postby Jehuty » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:12 pm

There is no doubt that picturesque landscapes are one of the main features of Trine and Trine 2. But as I noticed on gameplay videos of Trine 2, the life bar with the picture of character's head is rather big and takes pretty much screen space. So please add a feature to hide life bar and messages like "picked up health" in the bottom of the screen so players could enjoy the landscapes of the game without any distraction. It could be added in game's config menu like "Turn on "HUD off" button" or something.
I think many players will find it useful.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Please add a "HUD off" feature if possible

Postby fb_joel » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Yes we're looking into this. :) We planned to have this feature and still do but there's been some complications so we'll have to see how it ends up. Hopefully we can include this though...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Gzegzolka

Postby Gzegzolka » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Could be good option in my opinion, some of us like to enjoy games worlds without hud for better immersion or just for better visuals. For consoles "Hud off" option could be located somewhere in game menu options so normal player won't accidentally turn it off by pressing button on pad, for pc it could be hide in some ini file or as one of many buttons to configure in game menu.

Quandrastorm

Postby Quandrastorm » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:06 am

many modern games dont use *.ini files anymore or if they do they hide them in closed data packs.

It seems overall that gamedevelopers these days are to afraid of someone stealing thier work. where in the od day you would see the source code and such getting released so modders could keep a game alive. nowdays the source codes are never released and game developers stuggle to keep the games alive thierself whit releasing expansions and new versions. this is kinda said as i love to mod games but thats a bit out of the scope of this topic.

On topic, if trine would have an option menu on the console then i am sure the same option will also be there on PC as from a developer point of view you want to prevent from having duplicate code, its better to handle things the same way where posable

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Yes, all versions of Trine 2 will have the same HUD options, whatever those end up being. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine 2”