Trine 2 Beta technical issues thread

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
FB_Esa

Re: Trine 2 Beta technical issues thread

Postby FB_Esa » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:56 pm

I'll send you a private message so we can talk in detail there.

Neck

Postby Neck » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:17 pm

FB_Esa wrote:The "painting" change was a common improvement. We didn't want the creation of the box/plank to be the challenge but the puzzle itself and figuring out a use for the box/plank in that said puzzle.
Also we wanted to prevent the "miscasts" as much as possible because in some puzzles you need quick reflexes (and mouse hand) to solve it. Making the casting too precise would slow the player down.

Hope this helps :)

Like this, "painting" in Trine 1 was bothersome.

Lurf

Postby Lurf » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Hmm I wanted to have another go but the game won't launch anymore. It goes to the settings menu (trine2launcher.exe) after I press play but then nothing happens when I press Start Trine 2. Is the beta over or am I doing something wrong?

FB_Esa

Postby FB_Esa » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Hello Lurf!

Beta isn't over and it will continue till release so you are not doing anything wrong :)
The beta was broken in Windows XP for awhile so if you are using XP, you might want to try again as i think the patch is out that fixed the issue.

If you are not playing on XP then try starting the game from Trine2.exe from steamapps.
If that doesnt work, would you mind telling us a little bit about your computer and its specifications?
Such as what graphic card you are using etc etc.

Lurf

Postby Lurf » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Hey I looked in my steamapps folder but there is no Trine2.exe there, just Trine2Launcher.exe. Am I somehow missing the proper .exe? Btw the game ran perfectly for me the other day. My system:
Win7
I5 2500K @ stock
4 GB mem
6950 modded to 6970.
Edit:
Ok so I reinstalled the game and now it's working again :) I have a trine32bit.exe that was not there before. Wonder how I lost that :?

FB_Esa

Postby FB_Esa » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:41 am

Very weird indeed but gladly everything worked out at the end :)

Have fun with the beta!

Clemens

Postby Clemens » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Hello! I have a problem with the Beta. The text in the menu isn't displayed. (Image)
I'm using Mac OS X Lion and Steam.

Edit: The problems occurs with anti-aliasing enabled. The game works fine without.
Last edited by Clemens on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lubos

Postby Lubos » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Hello, I noticed a bug in multiplayer game. We were playing two people locally (with 2 mice a keyboards) plus one person connected over the internet. When i wanted to type a message, when I pressed ENTER, my cursor disappeared. I could still move and aim, only the cursor was gone. Only the other local player's cursor was visible. When I died and respawned, the cursor was back. I tried it again to see if it wasn't some one time bug, but the cursor disappeared every time I tried to type something to the chat.

Clemens

Postby Clemens » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:45 pm

I've found another problem: If I run the game in fullscreen mode on my Mac and start a multiplayer game, my firewall asks me to allow or deny the connection. I couldn't see the dialog, but I somehow managed to click the help button and set my keyboard focus to it's search field. The game didn't receive my input. You should probably hide the game when another application is the frontmost application. Or just use the normal window level for the game, so alerts can be displayed. (A way to cmd+tab out of the game would be great, too!)

Return to “Trine 2”