Unofficial French patch

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
fb_joel
Site Admin

Unofficial French patch

Postby fb_joel » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:08 pm

I created a new thread for this information...

If you downloaded the French patch earlier, it won't work. I most likely made a simple mistake, and have now corrected that.

However, I am now waiting final confirmation from the French publisher and release the patch (and the other patches) officially after that.

Edit: The patch may still not work...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:25 pm

I'm currently waiting for feedback from the publisher. Keep your fingers crossed for a good outcome...

(FYI, other official patches will be released simultaneously with the French patch.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

pipo78

Postby pipo78 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:16 am

sorry but this patch messes the things also...

In fact applying this patch brings the french game to ask for the CD1 indefinitly ...
Bad try... i guess.
one more 1.0.0.1 re-install for me.

See you

The Laughing Man

Postby The Laughing Man » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:36 pm

Yep...same things for me too... :cry:
I'm really disapointed too see such a good work on this game botched this way... but I'm a patient guy, and over all I want too support developpers like Frozenbytes, who make REAL games, not another copy of the precedent (no I'm not talking about EA games and all that crap... :D ).
Please don't give up guys, you made a really good game!!but don't be too long anyway ... 8)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:22 pm

The current French patch does not work, I've confirmed it myself...

I hope to solve this issue sometime today or tomorrow at the latest.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

dagon

I'm a patient guy :-)

Postby dagon » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:20 pm

I'm a patient guy, and want to support new game developpers, who are creating different games, so I wait.

My review is done, but not yet posted on the website, so I can change it, up to the end of the week.

if you solve the issue "tomorrow" (that's today), I'll give me plenty of time to change the review before end's week.

PM me when it's available.
Dagon
webmaster of the Dagon's Lair
http://www.dagonslair.com

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:29 pm

I think your attitude towards Frozenbyte is arrogant, Dagon. Reviews are good for developers, but no game maker's life depend on one insight to their game.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:59 pm

Sampo wrote:I think your attitude towards Frozenbyte is arrogant, Dagon. Reviews are good for developers, but no game maker's life depend on one insight to their game.

That's true (the review part), and we don't really care if a review or two are too negative in our opinion (it's all down to opinions anyway), but this French copy protection issue is important. So basically even if it seems we're focusing on solving one reviewer's problems, we're really trying to solve a big problem that affects many of our players... And you know, it never hurts to help reviewers, either. :wink:

Anyway, for French players who have the "insert CD1" problem, Murlock suggested this in the other thread:

Murlock wrote:Hi
you can use Daemon Tools 3.7

//

Salut
Tu peux utiliser Daemon Tools 3.7 car la protection Tage peut fonctionner avec cette version

I'm still waiting for a response from our publisher on this copy protection issue, and I sincerely hope they get back to me today...

Cheers,
Joel
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

pipo78

TAGE PROTECTION

Postby pipo78 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:56 pm

From Pipo78

I't's quite strange when you buy a retail game to be invited by the game company to enforce the protection which was inserted, isn't it ?

I'd rather wait for an efficient patch.

I don't blame the developpers anyway.

I know it's hard to follow up any desire of the publishers...

And more i'll wait without raging because this game is like fresh air in the videogame world.

It reminds me of DREAMWEB from EMPIRE which remains my favorite game for ever.

Best regards.

dagon

Postby dagon » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:55 pm

I think your attitude towards Frozenbyte is arrogant, Dagon. Reviews are good for developers, but no game maker's life depend on one insight to their game.

No arrogance there.
It makes me sad, err... mad to publish a bittersweet or bad review of a good game spoiled with a few bugs problems, especially a stupid game protection issue.
I don't think game maker's life will depend on one insight, sure. However, I have readers who are reading my reviews to determine if they buy a game or not. My website is a CRPG fan website with no ads or income (not really like your website, Sampo), and Shadowgrounds draw my attention as it's good and worth a review, in spite it's not really a CRPG. This being said, it seems Shadowgrounds was not really advertised in France and nobody in my country seems to know what is this game about, so a positive review may help to make this game being known, and may help to make a few dozens sales.

My real problem here is that I like the game, but the protection problem prevents me to post a positive review. So I wait the patch...

And more i'll wait without raging because this game is like fresh air in the videogame world. It reminds me of DREAMWEB from EMPIRE which remains my favorite game for ever.

Ahhh Dreamweb... one of my favorite adventure game. A question remained : were you simply insane or were you really killing demons inside innocent looking people... ?
Dagon

webmaster of the Dagon's Lair

http://www.dagonslair.com

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:24 pm

It looks like there's gonna be another weekend wait... I'm quite impatient myself, because this issue has been on my todo list for more than a week now. :?
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”