No Trine 2 for XBLA Australia?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Wet Wookiee

No Trine 2 for XBLA Australia?

Postby Wet Wookiee » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:07 am

I've been checking the XBox Live marketplace since the 21st and there's still no Trine 2 available for download. Was the given date of 21st Decemebr correct? Or will there be a delay like other territories?

furburger

Re: No Trine 2 for XBLA Australia?

Postby furburger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:44 am

I'm right there with you mate.
Looks like we missed out again....

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Sorry! We have no idea why it's not available in Australia. We were under the impression the XBLA launch would be worldwide, but clearly it has not been - we're trying to figure out what's going on with this but I fear the holidays may have an impact...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:33 am

If you all remember that when Left4Dead 2 was coming out Australia had to wait until the gore was turned down just for us...well that was after Australia test drove it to see what rating it should get. Well FUCK YOU again to Australia and it's bullshit rating system because that is why Trine 2 is not yet released in australia...UK, US and Japan all have it on there marketplace but once again we miss out...for now...that sort of shit premotes piracy for people who don't wanna be lied to and then have to wait for a fucking game (or movie) to be released here when it's out everywhere else.

US
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Produ ... 0258410a9b

UK
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Produ ... 0258410a9b

and I cannot figure out how to get to the japan marketplace...but Australia has NOTHING..........yet.

Wet Wookiee

Postby Wet Wookiee » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:03 am

Very disappointing in my opinion. These delays push me away from buying the game when it finally gets released. I get amped for the release date and when no game shows up with no answers why, i start looking for something else. So really these delays are costing the company money in less sales from me and other potential buyers.

Kashkin

Postby Kashkin » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:38 am

I will buy this as soon as it's available in Australia.

It was going to be a Christmas present for myself, but no such luck.

Rather disappointing, but I imagine it's out of your hands. If you can, give the Microsoft techs a kick in the rear.

furburger

Postby furburger » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:03 am

Wet Wookiee wrote:Very disappointing in my opinion. These delays push me away from buying the game when it finally gets released. I get amped for the release date and when no game shows up with no answers why, i start looking for something else. So really these delays are costing the company money in less sales from me and other potential buyers.

^ I agree wholeheartedly...I'm not sure why these delays are happening, but it leaves me very disappointed when the rest of the world is raving about how good it is and we get nothing....not even a post somewhere with a reason why.
There's been a few games recently that everyone else has but they just don't appear on the aussie marketplace...who knows why...i guess Australia is too unimportant to warrant any sort of explanation. :(

Grommet

Postby Grommet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Shanther wrote:If you all remember that when Left4Dead 2 was coming out Australia had to wait until the gore was turned down just for us...well that was after Australia test drove it to see what rating it should get. Well FUCK YOU again to Australia and it's bullshit rating system because that is why Trine 2 is not yet released in australia...UK, US and Japan all have it on there marketplace but once again we miss out...for now...that sort of shit premotes piracy for people who don't wanna be lied to and then have to wait for a fucking game (or movie) to be released here when it's out everywhere else.

US

UK

and I cannot figure out how to get to the japan marketplace...but Australia has NOTHING..........yet.

That's a bit of an unnecessary rant don't you think? It's been rated PG since August so it's something on the Xbox Australia side not the classification side.

JediKilla

Postby JediKilla » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:58 pm

There's no Trine 2 on the Australian PSN either. Any updates would be great.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:27 am

Grommet wrote:
Shanther wrote:If you all remember that when Left4Dead 2 was coming out Australia had to wait until the gore was turned down just for us...well that was after Australia test drove it to see what rating it should get. Well FUCK YOU again to Australia and it's bullshit rating system because that is why Trine 2 is not yet released in australia...UK, US and Japan all have it on there marketplace but once again we miss out...for now...that sort of shit premotes piracy for people who don't wanna be lied to and then have to wait for a fucking game (or movie) to be released here when it's out everywhere else.

US

UK

That's a bit of an unnecessary rant don't you think? It's been rated PG since August so it's something on the Xbox Australia side not the classification side.

Really...well I'm on the phone to xbox right now and I'll tell them that because they don't know anything about it at all...in anyway at all.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:29 am

JediKilla wrote:There's no Trine 2 on the Australian PSN either. Any updates would be great.

Then I don't know what has stopped it's release...maybe this phone call to xbox will help give us some information.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:40 am

The phone call to xbox gave me this reply

"this is not an xbox or microsoft published game so it is not our fault"

so if both xbox and frozenbyte have no idea why its not out yet and on top of that it has already been rated then I have absolutly no idea why it has not been released yet but I will continue to look.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Shanther wrote:The phone call to xbox gave me this reply

"this is not an xbox or microsoft published game so it is not our fault"

so if both xbox and frozenbyte have no idea why its not out yet and on top of that it has already been rated then I have absolutly no idea why it has not been released yet but I will continue to look.

This is the e-mail I got back from microsoft (I e-mailed and called and I will try as many different ways from as many different people as it takes to get an answer).

Shanther's email from XBOX wrote:
Hello ********,

Thank you for contacting Xbox Email support. My name is Ben and I will be assisting you with your concern.

As I understand, you want to know when the Australian Xbox Live marketplace will have Trine 2.

Trine 2 is a third party game published by ATLUS (Index Digital Media, Inc.) and developed by Frozenbyte, Inc. Please contact the game publisher for the official release date of Trine 2. Please check http://www.atlus.com/support.php for the game publisher's contact information. ATLUS (Index Digital Media, Inc.) publishes the game for the Xbox 360 platform.

Hope we were able to provide a resolution to your concern.

If you have to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or call in reference to Service Request Number 1168111761 so we can expedite our service to you.

If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Once again thank you for contacting Xbox Email support. Have a great day!

Best regards,

Ben
Xbox Support
http://www.support.xbox.com

I said to them

Shanther's email to XBOX wrote:

When is Australia getting Trine 2 in the Xbox marketplace?

Frozenbyte say that it isn't them who has stopped its release and as far as they knew it was meant to be released in Australia at the same time as the rest of the world.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:46 pm

P.S. Unlike most people (*cough* xbox *cough*) I am keeping you as up to date as possible...I think I may even be a little overboard but it's better then nothing.

furburger

Postby furburger » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Cheers for the updates shanther.
Looks like they are all blaming each other tho...i find it hard to believe that microsoft don't know why it hasn't arrived on our marketplace when it has everywhere else.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:05 am

Indeed, the situation sucks.

We have no official word why this is - we had the understanding that AU would be included to the "global".

So, if you allow, I'd like to join the protestors - however, like I said we don't know what's going on unfortunately. At least I can thank everyone for the patience, and I'm very sorry about this!

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:08 am

Letter from Frozenbyte wrote:
Hi ********,

Sorry about this! We have a thread about this here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4022

So basically we don't know what's going on. Rest assured this will get fixed though, we are getting a lot of feedback on this... but at this point we can only hope that the release is as soon as possible but we don't have any real info, it can take a day or a month, we have no idea. :(

Best,
Joel
Frozenbyte team

I from previous experience blame microsoft and will continue to look into it until it is released.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:49 am

XBOX won't give me a straight answer and are sending an email for me.

Bastidius

Postby Bastidius » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:22 am

I've been looking as well. Still no luck!!

I actually made an American account (http://www.xbox.com/en-US) just so I could download the demo (I need an American CC to actually buy points sadly). I must say from what I have seen it is absolutely stunning and I really can't wait till we see this game locally.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 am

1 Month after the rest of the world we still don't have it...so christmas is a load of bull...(one of my previous calls used people off for christmas break as the reason for no release)...It's not Australia because steam has released it and they follow the rules...steam had to release the censored version of Left4Dead 2 because of 2 much gore...but that was easy to get around :D...simple IP address re-direct to make purchase from britian...anyway I really want Trine 2 for xbox thats why I haven't played my cracked PC version which I have installed and ready to go for when I get to impatient...It's almost the same when you hook up the laptop to the TV through HDMI and play with an xbox 360 controller...but I want it on xbox...NOW

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:17 am

My email to head office and to the customer relations wrote:I have spoken to the developers of Trine 2 (Frozenbyte) and they say they have no idea why it has not yet been released in Australia.

I have also looked into it being the rating system in Australia and it has had a PG rating since April 2011 and thus been released on Steam (a PC game marketplace)

That only leaves XBOX live marketplace where I have been told many things from:

"it will not be released in Australia, sorry"

"it will be released by this weekend"

"it will be released by the end of the year"

"Frozenbyte has stopped release"

"Your country has stopped release"

and more

All of it lies so I would like to know the truth please...when is it going to be released or at very least why hasn't it been released in Australia like it was supposed to.

This is the email I received from Frozenbyte stating that there not aware of why XBOX hasn't released there game.

12/29/11

Hi ********,

Sorry about this! We have a thread about this here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4022

So basically we don't know what's going on. Rest assured this will get fixed though, we are getting a lot of feedback on this... but at this point we can only hope that the release is as soon as possible but we don't have any real info, it can take a day or a month, we have no idea. :(

Best,
Joel
Frozenbyte team

This is the attempt that XBOX put into answering me on Trine 2 release date.

Hello ********,

Thank you for contacting Xbox Email support. My name is Ben and I will be assisting you with your concern.

As I understand, you want to know when the Australian Xbox Live marketplace will have Trine 2.

Trine 2 is a third party game published by ATLUS (Index Digital Media, Inc.) and developed by Frozenbyte, Inc. Please contact the game publisher for the official release date of Trine 2. Please check http://www.atlus.com/support.php for the game publisher's contact information. ATLUS (Index Digital Media, Inc.) publishes the game for the Xbox 360 platform.

Hope we were able to provide a resolution to your concern.

If you have to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or call in reference to Service Request Number 1168111761 so we can expedite our service to you.

If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Once again thank you for contacting Xbox Email support. Have a great day!

Best regards,

Ben
Xbox Support
http://www.support.xbox.com

No surprise that XBOX refuse to take any of the blame but that still doesn't help me.

--

Big Bad Wolf

Postby Big Bad Wolf » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 am

Any news on this? Still nothing on XBLA for me. We also didnt get Bloodrayne: Betrayal, never could find an answer about that either. Australia sucks...

furburger

Postby furburger » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:57 am

Big Bad Wolf wrote:Any news on this? Still nothing on XBLA for me. We also didnt get Bloodrayne: Betrayal, never could find an answer about that either. Australia sucks...

We didn't get War of the Worlds either....who knows why??!! Once again, no explanation as to why Australia is the only marketplace in the world to miss out on these games.

Big Bad Wolf

Postby Big Bad Wolf » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:33 pm

furburger wrote:We didn't get War of the Worlds either....who knows why??!! Once again, no explanation as to why Australia is the only marketplace in the world to miss out on these games.

How hard is it to send a small press release telling someone that a game has been blocked somewhere for some reason? and these games are XBLA games and have all recieved classification. Why NOT release them?

Really wanted it on xbox for the local co-op, anyone know if it is up on the PSN?

Here is a conversation I just had with Xbox Support.

Liam: Ok for certain regions unfortunately there can be licensing issues and if a game doesn't appear in your region but is else were nine times out of ten that is the reason why.
Liam: It can be very frustrating but not allot can be done about it I am afraid.
you: Any reason why there is never an announcement telling us what is going on?
you: it would be nice
Liam: I can see where you are coming from and it would be nice if everybody was kept in the loop and that is something I will mention in here.

Interesting. Though I cant see what licensing Issues there would be for a sequel...

UPDATE: Just recieved an e-mail from Atlus:
Hi ******,

We are working on getting Trine 2 published in Australia. Your patience regarding this matter is much appreciated.

Rob Stone
QA Lead
ATLUS

Fingers crossed.
Last edited by Big Bad Wolf on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkMellie

Postby DarkMellie » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Just registered here to say that I too am watching the XBL Marketplace every day for Trine 2. I absolutely loved the first game when I bought it on the off-chance on Steam.

Hope it gets through soon or the points I have waiting to buy it will be spent on something else!

Return to “Trine 2”