Trine 2 on Mac - output sampling rate

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
zpmxmti

Trine 2 on Mac - output sampling rate

Postby zpmxmti » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 am

Trine 2 currently switches the audio output sampling rate on my Mac to 48 kHz and leaves it at that setting when I quit the game. I go into Audio MIDI Setup and change it back to 96 kHz when I want to listen to music. Would it be possible to have Trine 2 switch the sampling rate back to its pre game setting when quitting? Or even better, could Trine 2 launch without changing the output sampling rate?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Trine 2 on Mac - output sampling rate

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Sorry about this. At the moment we have no solution - we'll need to look into our middleware Wwise and see if it has any options for this (I'd imagine it has but we just don't know it yet). So we'll have to see. Sorry!
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

zpmxmti

Postby zpmxmti » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks for attempting to fix this issue. However, the recently released Trine 2 v1.11 crashes when I click "skip" when the narrator is reading (or "start" when the narrator is done reading). Manually switching my Mac to 48 kHz output (in Audio MIDI Setup) before launching Trine 2 seems to prevent the crashing.

Here's some more information about my system, in case it would help:
I'm running Mac 10.6.8
I have the 2.4 GHz version of this MacBook - http://support.apple.com/kb/SP500
I'm running Trine 2 v1.11 with Steam (i.e. not the Mac App Store version)

Edit - Here's an update: I tried 44.1 kHz and that works too. It's only when I use 96 kHz that Trine 2 v1.11 crashes when I click "skip."

FB_JussiE

Postby FB_JussiE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Hello zpmxmti!

Sorry for the inconvenience. This issue should be fixed with the next patch which hopefully will be released soonish.

Thanks for the information, really helped on tracking down the issue!

zpmxmti

Postby zpmxmti » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:57 am

In my limited testing, Trine 2 v1.13 seems to launch and play fine. When I'm using 96 kHz audio output, v1.13 switches the output sampling rate to 48 kHz but switches it back to 96 kHz upon quitting. Thanks Frozenbyte!

Return to “Trine 2”