What is he game cost and payment?(it is too good to be free)

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
dragon curse

What is he game cost and payment?(it is too good to be free)

Postby dragon curse » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:45 pm

PLZ ansrew this as fast as possible! IS the "Shadowgrounds" gonna be freeware or is it gonna cost me 20€! (Finnish money on now) And am i suppose to buy it from web or can i go to store and buy it!? (it looks so GOOD)

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:55 pm

Free? Dont think that would ever happen. you dont want them to go bankruptcy do you?

And i think its gonna cost more then 20€. thats just too cheap.

It is always nice to see another good soul that wants to buy the game :D
Game of the year 2006 :D

dragon curse

Buuut the payment!?

Postby dragon curse » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:43 pm

How am i suppose to buy it!? On internet or store!? (I wanna KNOW!! :x

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:27 pm

You can buy it from retail stores in September or October. There should be more news soon (i.e. the game should start appearing for preordering next month or in August). The price is going to be around 40 euros, just like a regular PC game.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

dragon curse

the game

Postby dragon curse » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:56 pm

Aand just one more queston! What makes it so special so i could spend 40€ on "Shadowgrounds"? Is it graphics!? Game system!? Co op playable!? Or multiplayer!?

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:34 pm

i can tell why Im gonna buy it.

1. The story sounds very interesting

2. The Graphic looks just exelent (you should look at the screenshots and download the teaser trailer)

3. The Music (download the orchestral main theme)

4. The gameplay

5. That you can upgrade and customize weapons.

... and a few more reasons

dragon curse

yeah but...

Postby dragon curse » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:40 pm

yeah but IS there REALLY a story!? of course there seems to be that they come to the base and kill aliens but that what i am looking in that game is that i want to know that is it just gonna be u come there u kill them and u leave or is there gonna be some things that will continue story!? (Like a little movie scenes) Or is it just like Max Payne whitout bullet time!? Can playrs choose what they do!? Or they just run always the old same route like in HL2 and
Max Payne 2!? Or is the reason why to go on some room only that you can get card key from there to next door and here we go again!? AND is there more multiplayer options than just Deathmatch, Teamdeathmatch, Capture the flag and Co Op!?

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:34 pm

well, what i have read there is gonna be cut scenes witch voice acting. it sounds like they realy are working hard on a story for the game. By the look of the GUI theres gonna be keycards.

There aint gonna be any multiplayer, exept that it might be co-op.

I quote Joel "Multiplayer as in deathmatch etc, is not going to be in the game."

" All I can say right now is that we have made some steps forward towards co-op. But it's still not guaranteed, because we have tons of stuff to do, and we want to make the singleplayer experience great before we add co-op fully. We know it's a feature you guys would love, so we will do our best to make it fit the schedules..."

dragon curse

Co Op queston...

Postby dragon curse » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:39 pm

Is the Co Op play sytem like 2 on same keyboard and screen or is it on 1-6 players online or LAN!?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:21 pm

IF it happens, co-op will be 2 players on the same kb/screen.

And yes, we're focusing on the story heavily. In addition to cutscenes, I think our locations and characters/dialogue are a big part of the overall story feel. We're actually starting to finalize dialogue right now, and it's looking pretty good. 8)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

dragon curse

i think that u should

Postby dragon curse » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:57 pm

I think that u should put the Co oP becouse it seems to be that so many here on forums would buy it only on that reason!

raakkel

Postby raakkel » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:28 am

I'm gonna buy the game even if it would cost over 100€ :F I hope it gets out very soon.

Ivan

Postby Ivan » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:57 pm

Wow, This game looks like great fun. I hope it comes out soon :)

gabgab

Coop

Postby gabgab » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:44 pm

I wonder about your hesitation concerning a coop mode. All the classics like Ikari Warriors, Alien Syndrome, Dogs of War or Mercs had that coop mode and it was the coop mode that made them legends. I never played these games in singleplayer.

If you want a huge success, you have to go coop and you need to promote it heavily as a coop game.

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:36 am

Well you know there are many good free games on the web like GunZ Online, MU Online, Rose Online, of which all are MMORPG. No matter the cost i'm getting this game.

Wizard

Postby Wizard » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:47 pm

Misacorp wrote:Well you know there are many good free games on the web like GunZ Online, MU Online, Rose Online, of which all are MMORPG. No matter the cost i'm getting this game.

free? yes. Good? errr....not really ;)
And I'm so going to buy this game especially now that I am getting a new computer that can run shadowgrounds :)
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:37 pm

Just in case anyone missed... im buying it too :lol:

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:26 pm

Qraft wrote:Just in case anyone missed... im buying it too :lol:

Really? Are you sure? ;)

BlackRose

Postby BlackRose » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:11 pm

i saw many good articles and good trailers about the game!!! Anyone knows an exact date when it get released? They say in october or sth, but is there an exact time? Anyway i saw in many magazines, that it will be cheaper then 20€!!!

dragon curse

Postby dragon curse » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:21 pm

i am not gonna buy! i would get bored too easily! maps looks kinda same like in doom3! not so mutch own choise! and no good multiplayer! Sry guys! not the best game i have seen!

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:46 pm

dragon curse wrote:not the best game i have seen!

If you onley buy the best game you have ever seen, aint it gonna be boring onley have one game?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:50 pm

Qraft wrote:
dragon curse wrote:not the best game i have seen!

If you onley buy the best game you have ever seen, aint it gonna be boring onley have one game?

ROFLOLMFAO :D :P :D

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:15 pm

*looks at watch*

Hey guys guess what? Tomorrows the 28th! I wonder if the new part of Jumbo (shopping center) will have Shadowgrounds on some shelves.

EDIT: I realised I was living one day ahead :D
Last edited by Misacorp on Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marco

u know what?

Postby marco » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:21 am

it seems to be a nice game. its an isometric view-action shooter - what do u expect? k, i m gonna buy it, cause its cute and i ll have fun with it. remembers on old amiga times.:-) if u want lan or something, u should choose an egoshooter for it, its better for such things. think a price near 25,- is ok.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:26 pm

@ macro

i see you never played Alien Swarm (ut2004 mod) ist better in Lan as all egoshooter together. And its the same game Style like Shadowgrounds.

Return to “Shadowgrounds”