Trine 4 suggestions

Talk about Frozenbyte, general gaming topics, and everything else.
atronach

Trine 4 suggestions

Postby atronach » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Pondering over Trine games I got various ideas for the Trine 4 once it gets in development. I know it's though to achieve everything you want to include in the game if you're not funded enough or you have limited resources.
I do hope Frozenbyte reaches neccesary financial goals for creation next Trine installment.

Basically, Trine 4 should be made for wider audience but also keeping the fans.
For the story, my personal preference is more darker high fantasy theme than presented in latest Trine game but keeping the warm characterization of already loved 3 companions.

In terms of gameplay, I would like to go on the course of God of war 3 and Castlevania: Lords of Shadows.
Combat time should be prolongated and enemy A.I. should provide for the player some thinking how to tackle situation using various weapons.
Amadeus could go wild and start using destruction spells.
I'm sure level design will be top notch as already is.
Every character could have his own weapons and skill tree to use and there could be a smith to upgrade the weaponry.
Bosses should be though with some game mechanic as in previous games.
Overall, combat should be challenging but rewarding while keeping the player interested in story, narration, exploration and character development.

TheraNord

Re: Trine 4 suggestions

Postby TheraNord » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:39 pm

These are nice suggestions,but the combat,in Trine especially,shouldn't be overcomplicated,although you're right about Amadeus,he needs atleast one offensive ability,I think he should be able to conjure a small box and throw it as a projectile,instead of a fireball.In the next Trine,if there is one,I think you should be able to use the environment to your advantage,and the heroes should recieve a few skills wich help them control the elements,Amadeus should be able to freeze puddles of water and create platforms,Pontius could be able to give someone a rock armour for a duration and Zoya could use plants,vines and trees to create platforms,ladders and ropes,wich Amadeus and Pontius could swing on.A big thing I hope Frozenbyte could include are three types of chests-Wooden,Silver and Golden,each chest would contain a piece of armour or a weapon,also the armour changes when you equip it,thats a dream though :D .There might be a fourth platinum chest,but to get to it you would have to use all of the skills of the character the chest is for.Sometimes you would have to return to a level,if you have not unlocked the elemental power and,and use it to get to the chest.I also wish there to be a level wich is like a hub,a small town,filled with merchants from wich you can buy items or health potions.If it is posslible I would suggest more open levels,not so linear.One big thing I want for Trine 4 is a free camera,like Shadwen,It will remove A LOT of platforming frustration.Expirience should be gained from enemies and currency from loot drops.A little more like a platforming RPG and Trine 4 will be a smash hit! :)I also miss the mini bosses in Trine 3,a big arena-like thing with one of those Trolls would be great in Trine 4.I agree that the story should be a little darker,but nothing more than it already is in Trine 3,the game should be uplifting,relaxing and lighthearted.I've had enough of blood,gore,monsters and heroes who look like they enjoy murdering people.Trine is one of the little franchises that keeps you interested with its lighthearted atmosphere,fairytale-ish graphics and fun,not overcomplex gameplay mechanics,the franchise is heading in the right direction,I only hope the make a fouth one. :)

atronach

Postby atronach » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:56 pm

TheraNord wrote:These are nice suggestions,but the combat,in Trine especially,shouldn't be overcomplicated

For casual players there is always casual difficulty which turns combat into a walk in the park.
Suprisingly, if your level and combat is more complex, players would love it more because of the challenge.
If it's oversimplified it gets repetitive and boring over the time.

For example, in Dark souls, Castlevania: Lords of Shadows and God of war 3, player is constantly put on challenge in terms of gameplay mechanics and combat.
I wish this will be a premise and core rule of the Trine 4 and it's my proposition.
Of course, casual players could also enjoy it.

TheraNord

Postby TheraNord » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:35 pm

That is true,yes.What I would suggest is more frequent enemy fights and a mini-boss in every third level,by not overcomplicated I meant not having to use special combos wich require precise timing or 5 buttons to be pressed at the same time to damage the enemy,also I think the enemies shouldn't die from two arrows or two sword hits like in Trine 3.The combos technique could be used on bosses or be included in the hard or hardcore difficulty,if there is one.What I mostly want Is harder platforming,one where you have to use your brain and the items wich were from the first game and if possible to add a visual effect when you equip them.It would also be great if the heroes had elemental attacks some enemies might be made from snow or ice and fire would damage them more than wind,or a big troll like crature made out of lava will recieve critical damage by ice attacks.What I most support you in is the boss fight mechanic in God of War 3 or that Jotun in the frozen lake in Castlevania:Lords of Shadow,It would be great to see boss fights where you climb on these colossal bosses and have to find their weak points,Like Shadow of the Colossus.When I first mentioned the elemental abilites I suggsted places in the world or levels,could be altered by the elemental powers of the heroes,be these places scripted or not.Trine 4 shouldn't be anything like Dark Souls,but yes,it should become harder as you progress,there might be bossess wich can only be defeated if you have unlocked every skill on Zoya or Pontius,these bosses will be optional,of course.All in all,Trine 4 would be better if it's more challenging than it's predecessor.Also if you have played Ori and the Blind Forest,if not you can watch a video,there is a mission called Escape from Ginso Tree,When you finish the puzzle there you have to platform all your way up to the top so you don't drawn in the rising waters,it's similar to Trine 1's final level but more dynamic and requires you to use every single skill you have 'till this moment.Otherwise I like yout suggestions. :)

atronach

Postby atronach » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:07 am

TheraNord wrote:Otherwise I like yout suggestions. :)

The same.
And I'm enjoying your levels. Great work! :)

TheraNord

Postby TheraNord » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:01 pm

atronach wrote:
TheraNord wrote:Otherwise I like yout suggestions. :)

The same.
And I'm enjoying your levels. Great work! :)

It's a nice surprise for me to see you even know about them.:D
And I might sound crazy or stupid but I wish for a open world Trine with free camera,that won't happen anytime soon though,or it won't even happen.Just Imagine Dragon Age Inquisition or Witcher 3 in Trine style and atmosphere,everything will be magical XD

atronach

Postby atronach » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:22 pm

TheraNord wrote:And I might sound crazy or stupid but I wish for a open world Trine with free camera,that won't happen anytime soon though,or it won't even happen.Just Imagine Dragon Age Inquisition or Witcher 3 in Trine style and atmosphere,everything will be magical XD

Well, temptation is great but...
I didn't find costs for DA:I. W3 cost about $81 million to make. http://www.destructoid.com/the-witcher- ... 0005.phtml
It's hard to gather that kind of money.

But, Frozenbyte 3 engine is more than capable to make a connected world game as GOW 3, C:LOS . And with outstanding level design as it is now, it wouldn't loose the magical atmosphere. :D

TheraNord

Postby TheraNord » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:36 pm

I know this won't happen,I just hope that the Trine franchise continues and that Frozenbyte will always be so friendly and open when it comes to suggestions and support,and who knows the people in Frozenbyte are talented as hell maybe they'll do something that will skyrocket them,just like CDPR did.:)Maybe they'll do a Temple Run style game with Trine characters :D

premieritzone

Postby premieritzone » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Thanks for share!

Return to “General Chat”