Collectors edition box?

All discussion about Shadowgrounds Survivor, spin-off/sequel to Shadowgrounds that was released in late 2007.
ZEUS_GB

Collectors edition box?

Postby ZEUS_GB » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi everybody,

I've got a quick question for Joel.

Will there be a collectors edition box that includes the soundtrack or some game art or something like that?

I know it's a little bit early to be thinking of such things but what the hell, I thought i'd ask anyway.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:15 pm

It's actually possible that there will be some kind of collector's edition. I can't promise it yet but we've been exploring some options (packaging etc) and I'd love to do that. So let's see what happens. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

DarkCube

Postby DarkCube » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:18 am

Hurray
I just hope it would include an full-sised poster
Facts can be changed.

Viking

Postby Viking » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:41 pm

Both games, soundtrack, concept artwork and a snazzy box at a reasonable price! :D

Tervez

Postby Tervez » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:08 pm

Viking wrote:Both games, soundtrack, concept artwork and a snazzy box at a reasonable price! :D

Or perhaps change the artwork into a documentary about the game and possibly about the future projects of Frozenbyte?
Now that's a package I surely would buy.

Dark_Sponge

Postby Dark_Sponge » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:08 pm

A nice packaging would be just great.

By the way, did you already managed to sign the game for a release through all Europe?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:49 pm

We're going to do some dev diary stuff, hopefully in video form, so there's a chance that something like that will be released, either online or in a collector's box (or both). We'll see.

We're working on signing the game for Europe. NA is covered, Russia and Eastern Europe is covered, and I expect a couple of other major territories to be signed very soon. Publishers seem to like the game too. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

CoolBoy

Postby CoolBoy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:56 am

Sweet, Canada won't miss out. If you are making a special edition, could I request you include some concept art?
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb." Spaceballs

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:41 pm

We'll include ~everything we can if we decide to do it. We'll probably make a decision around the time we finish the game.

If we decide to do it, it will be available only on our website and not in stores (perhaps with some exceptions but that's totally up to the publishers). Luckily this also means that we'll have a lot of control over what to include etc, so let's see what happens. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Viking

Postby Viking » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:44 pm

Cool. I can live with that. As long as it's coming from the same place as the soundtrack, as that was very speedy delivery! :D

34v_³

Postby 34v_³ » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:13 pm

I have bought Shadowgrounds from Steam, but if you create a collector with SG+SS+Soundtrack and other, I pre-order NOW it, any will be the price.
Because I can't play Shadowgrounds-Steam without internet connection and the box of collectors editions is always fantastic :Q___

Geo

Postby Geo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:28 am

My vote's for a little "pack in" action figure. Maybe one of the more frightening monsters in either Shadowgrounds game. :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:47 am

We've actually looked into figurines and may produce them someday...

For Shadowgrounds Survivor, we'll have a Special Edition that will include the soundtrack on a separate disc. It's a start at least, and maybe in the future we'll be able to do something more extra.

An SG+SGS+OSTs box is probably going to happen one day, but right now it's not in the focus. We need to see how things go and make some decisions then...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Viking

Postby Viking » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:12 am

Awesome. I'll be snapping that version up!

Morrin

Postby Morrin » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:25 pm

How much later will the collectors box be released?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:23 pm

If you mean the SG+SGS+OST version... I have no idea. We need to think about that internally and see if it makes sense and if any publishers would also be interested in it (i.e. we could add physics to the original too and some other tweaks). Earliest date for this would probably be summer 2008, so it's not happening very soon...

For Shadowgrounds Survivor, I think I'll set up a PayPal option once we get the Finnish retail copies (could be next week or the week after that), and we'll sell those via mail-order to the most enthusiastic international gamers who don't get a retail release in 2007. Hopefully with 100% English covers to make it truly international.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Frosty

Re: Collectors edition box?

Postby Frosty » Mon May 26, 2008 2:34 am

Bumping this thread to get an update on whether this is still in the works, and whether any modifications to it have been/will need to be made. =]

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon May 26, 2008 11:33 pm

The Finnish Special Edition is available now via PayPal, at
http://frozenbyte.com/games/shadowgrounds-survivor/

Right now I can't say what we'll do in the future. With our next (PC) project we'll probably be able to do something similar, and I think this time there'll be more thought put into this, so perhaps a true collector's edition is possible.

I'm entertaining myself with the idea of a "Frozenbyte - Early Years" box, which would include both SG games and their soundtracks, the next game, and possibly some unreleased "games". This is a very complex thing to produce of course, and has some legal hurdles also, but in theory it could be doable. It also depends on the reception we get on the SGS Special Edition, i.e. whether there is demand for this kind of mail-order. And I think we'd need to consider all the people who actually own some of the games already, so perhaps it should be a real box that we could sell with or without some specific games.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Malygris

Postby Malygris » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:08 am

I know it's been a long time since this thread has seen any action, but let me nonetheless express my support for this idea. I already own both Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor, but I'd probably be willing to pony up a little more for something cool like this.

Return to “Shadowgrounds Survivor”