SGS Level Crashing

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
Aeomyr

SGS Level Crashing

Postby Aeomyr » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:17 pm

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=630058

I had the same problem as the OP, crashing at the beginning of missions, after clicking the 'Start' button. The worst part is that it doesn't save so you have to redo the previous mission again.

EDIT: I'll just list the missions it's happened to me on, cause its becoming too many edits with so many crashes. I've managed to get past them by redoing the mission once or more sometimes but I'd prefer a fix rather than having to keep redoing missions.

Mission 'Oops'
Mission 'Canyon to Hell'
Mission 'Running Wild'
The mission after 'Running Wild'

One temporary and awesome half solution would be to make the game save after you complete a level rather than when you start a new one.

PC Specs (if necessary):
Pentium D (Dual Core) 2.66GHz
NVidia 8600GTS
2GB Ram
Windows XP SP2

Since installing SS I've updated AgeiaPhysX, updated my graphics drivers, verified the game cache, turned off 'Reset after load' in the options.

On a side note, why list play time and kills under the saved games if you can't save half way through. They will always be 0, and for every save.
[/quote]

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:05 pm

Hey, congrats on not doing a quick glance for similar topics!

Aeomyr

Postby Aeomyr » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:34 pm

kneo24 wrote:Hey, congrats on not doing a quick glance for similar topics!

Congrats on being constructive.

I have and theres no solutions as well as no replies to my own posts. The last threads, at least on the steam forums, were stating that a patch had been released and that this issue was fixed. Which it isn't.

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:14 pm

Why would I be constructive when you fail to read? Yes, he said a patch was released, but he also asked if anyone was still crashing (meaning he thought that the patch had fixed the problem, but wasn't 100% sure). A little comprehension skills goes a long way.

Also, if you read the release notes, it only mentions fixing the freezing, not the crashing.

Aeomyr

Postby Aeomyr » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:17 pm

Right so what's your point? You seem to be wrong on every point here.

The guy said it shouldn't be crashing anymore, I wasn't talking about the release notes. I then replied to the fact that it was still crashing and am waiting for more information.

So quit trolling and let me receive word from the devs.

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:43 pm

I'm not trolling, in fact my point was made with every post in this topic. STOP SPAMMING THE FORUMS WITH REDUNDANT TOPICS! That's a no-no on any forum you go to. The fact that I need to spell it out only speaks volumes about you.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:41 pm

Guys come on. It's Christmas, we should all be happy and stuff. :)

Anyways I replied on the Steam forums, but essentially it seems there's two current bugs existing: 1) A rare crash during loading, 2) Another crash after Start (perhaps rarer than the first one that was fixed). I'm hoping we'll get this fixed next week but we'll see.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”