Release Date.... delayed?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
SirDrago

Release Date.... delayed?

Postby SirDrago » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:54 pm

I noticed that on amazon.co.uk the release date for the PC version changed from July 2 to July 10. So is there a delay or whats going on?

FB_Lauri

Re: Release Date.... delayed?

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:48 pm

SirDrago wrote:I noticed that on amazon.co.uk the release date for the PC version changed from July 2 to July 10. So is there a delay or whats going on?

Retailers are handled by our publisher, and we don't always know what's happening there :)

Please be patient, sometimes packing up the title may be a bit complicated. Anyway, the game is ready 8)

lordodric

Postby lordodric » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:05 pm

Open different servants in line ¿?
I am of latinoamerica bay some difference of the European version of the version americada ¿?
For that queria to buy the European version
bye friends

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Well no Trine again this week in the EU PSN store.....

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:35 pm

SirDrago wrote:Well no Trine again this week in the EU PSN store.....

I think Trine on PS3 is coming out near the June 26th

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:52 pm

You mean the 25th. The store update is every Thursday.

lordodric

Postby lordodric » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:51 am

When it(he,she) goes to PC. date¿?

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:20 am

lordodric wrote:When it(he,she) goes to PC. date¿?

I think its near July 10th

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 am

According to amazon.co.uk the release date for the PC version is July 10.

decoy

Postby decoy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:18 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:
SirDrago wrote: Anyway, the game is ready 8)

Damn that so tempting, i want it now. Damn sony for delaying Fatprincess hope they don't do it with this one, i don't want to spoil the game on youtube by PC users walkthroughs.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Well the game "should" come out with the next PSN update. But who knows whats going on. I dont understand why everything has to be so slow.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:01 pm

SirDrago wrote:Well the game "should" come out with the next PSN update. But who knows whats going on. I dont understand why everything has to be so slow.

Sony needs to be sure the game doesn't have technical flaws which could potentially cause big trouble, or at least get everyone stuck with the game :)

While we have done some very heavy testing, it's obvious Sony has way more resources than us, so their testing is much more in-depth and after that we can be sure there are no flaws which could spoil the gaming experience.

That said, waiting for the release myself too :D

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:36 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:
SirDrago wrote:Well the game "should" come out with the next PSN update. But who knows whats going on. I dont understand why everything has to be so slow.

Sony needs to be sure the game doesn't have technical flaws which could potentially cause big trouble, or at least get everyone stuck with the game :)

While we have done some very heavy testing, it's obvious Sony has way more resources than us, so their testing is much more in-depth and after that we can be sure there are no flaws which could spoil the gaming experience.

Yeah i know but it seems like they are just too slow. Also i find it odd that you as the devolper dont get word from Sony when they gonna release it. After all its your game not theirs.

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:09 pm

But on PC why don't you release it on Steam right now? :O Do they have to make tests too? Or the PC version isn't ready, or what?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:04 pm

DarkJee wrote:But on PC why don't you release it on Steam right now? :O Do they have to make tests too? Or the PC version isn't ready, or what?

PC version timing should be what is shown in the most online shops.

Steam pre-order should open soon also, and the game is available the second when the other PC versions are available also (or first of them). For PC, Steam-version is highly recommended :D

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:35 pm

Call me old fashioned but i prefer physical copies over digital copies.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:28 am

True. With physical copy you get the actual CD/DVD which won't disappear because of your hd malfunction and you also get the physical manual, in some cases, and nice box art. ;) (But I usually use digital copy way because it is faster and sometimes cheaper way to buy games because of the missing physical box, disc and manual.)

And I'm starting to get ancious too. :P Trine trine trine...

AND IT'S NOT EVEN ON STEAM YET SO I COULD PRE-ORDER IT!!! This game will be the first game which I'll preorder when it comes on steam.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:15 am

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:True. With physical copy you get the actual CD/DVD which won't disappear because of your hd malfunction and you also get the physical manual, in some cases, and nice box art. ;) (But I usually use digital copy way because it is faster and sometimes cheaper way to buy games because of the missing physical box, disc and manual.)

And I'm starting to get ancious too. :P Trine trine trine...

AND IT'S NOT EVEN ON STEAM YET SO I COULD PRE-ORDER IT!!! This game will be the first game which I'll preorder when it comes on steam.

Well.... on Steam, if you get a HD malfunction, or change computer or whatever, you will never lose your game because its on your steam account, so when you bought a game with your steam account, you start downloading it, and if you uninstall it or whatever, on your steam account you click on your uninstalled bought game and it starts to download again... With physical copy you can lose your DVD but not with steam copy

decoy

Postby decoy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:02 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:

Patching FTW

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:32 pm

DarkJee wrote:Well.... on Steam, if you get a HD malfunction, or change computer or whatever, you will never lose your game because its on your steam account, so when you bought a game with your steam account, you start downloading it, and if you uninstall it or whatever, on your steam account you click on your uninstalled bought game and it starts to download again... With physical copy you can lose your DVD but not with steam copy

Only until the game is on the steam servers. When they decide its time to delete the game you cant do anything.

decoy

Postby decoy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:14 pm

One question, Sony can delay it as long as they can to suit their own release list or any other corporate decision(like to fill july mid-end void), Do you guys have any SAY in this matter(like deadline) or you guys left it totally in the hands of publishers and Sony(to release it on their own whim).

My concern raises from lack of news from Sony's front. They are hardly discussing it on PSblog which usually gets update regarding everything. If they are to release some game after 2 weeks, why there is hardly ZERO update/news.

Or it could be the new trailer you mentioned is coming with concrete date?

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:17 pm

SirDrago wrote:Only until the game is on the steam servers. When they decide its time to delete the game you cant do anything.

No, they don't delete the games, once they add games, it stays forever. Why would they delete them? thats senseless...

Steam has a lot of servers, when they don't have enough space remaining, they buy more space capacity for their servers... Its like on youtube, thousands of videos are added on their server each hours, but they don't delete videos 'cause the servers became full, they only have to upgrade capacity

And anyway, in my opinion, if ever they delete a game from their servers (that will surely not happen), they would release a DVD-form folder of the game to anyone that bought the game so they can keep it, and write it on a DVD

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:45 pm

decoy wrote:One question, Sony can delay it as long as they can to suit their own release list or any other corporate decision(like to fill july mid-end void), Do you guys have any SAY in this matter(like deadline) or you guys left it totally in the hands of publishers and Sony(to release it on their own whim).

My concern raises from lack of news from Sony's front. They are hardly discussing it on PSblog which usually gets update regarding everything. If they are to release some game after 2 weeks, why there is hardly ZERO update/news.

Or it could be the new trailer you mentioned is coming with concrete date?

Our publisher is between us and Sony, so it's very little we know. However, it is my understanding that Sony and our publisher both wants Trine out as soon as possible. I wouldn't bet on next Thursday, but keep your fingers crossed!

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:48 pm

SirDrago wrote:
DarkJee wrote:Well.... on Steam, if you get a HD malfunction, or change computer or whatever, you will never lose your game because its on your steam account, so when you bought a game with your steam account, you start downloading it, and if you uninstall it or whatever, on your steam account you click on your uninstalled bought game and it starts to download again... With physical copy you can lose your DVD but not with steam copy

Only until the game is on the steam servers. When they decide its time to delete the game you cant do anything.

I'm sure Steam keeps maintenance (ie. availability) of their games even they would stop selling something. With our games there should not be even this problem, as they seem to be happy with both Shadowgroundses (like with many much older games).

And ultimately, if anyone runs to any problem with our games, we usually try to help a bit more than developers usually do :wink:

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:54 pm

Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine Trine.

Man the 10.7 is still like 3 weeks away... :cry:
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Return to “Trine”