Warning: Shadowgrounds are now on warez sites.

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
Informer

Warning: Shadowgrounds are now on warez sites.

Postby Informer » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:26 am

I hate to tell you this but shadowgrounds are now on warez sites. It is spreading like wild fire.

You guys are losing a lot of money. One site already has over 700 downloads. If you do the math, you are losing a whole bunch of money.

You guys better start selling the game faster on North American soil or sell your game at your website. This will at least help bring in some profit rather than wait for more money losses.

Games warez is inevitable and sooner or later it will happened, especially for good games.

Sorry to bring the bad news.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:58 am

Every new game is on warez sites and we can't do anything with it :x

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:05 am

(Nearly) every piece of software gets cracked. At work we have made the same experience (though with a non-game related software). OTOH, counting every single illegal copy as a lost sell doesn't work either.

I enjoy Shadowgrounds a lot. Bought it right one day after it came out here :)

Dark

Postby Dark » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:34 pm

Ahh Gee where have you been most of your life Informer? living in a box? Its a given anytime a new game is released it will be on warzes site. So stop wasting everyones time with pointless postings.

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:45 pm

^^ You need some attitude adjustment.

Anyways lator, a registered member here is my classmate and he got his game illegally :D Which sucks...

lator

Postby lator » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:14 pm

Misacorp wrote:^^ You need some attitude adjustment.

Anyways lator, a registered member here is my classmate and he got his game illegally :D Which sucks...

Yeah, right. He's trying to ruin my reputation. Unfortunately I know this guy.
And the offtopic stops right at this point.
Last edited by lator on Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:04 pm

I shall prove I am speaking the truth.... somehow... naah I don't think I can, it's up to you to decide.

makinentoni

Postby makinentoni » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:23 pm

I say we all, members of this forum, shall proof that we are legal player of Shadowgrounds.

Here is my proof :)

Dark

Postby Dark » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:06 am

I see the first problem with that screen shot you posted makinentoni, its got an ATI card installed on that pc :twisted:

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:54 pm

On the bright side it is giving the game some extra publicity. I only heard of it because of warez, and am going to buy it as soon as it is released here.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:20 pm

I'll lock this thread because we don't exactly want to promote the availability of the illegal version. I do hope that everyone posting here has a legit copy or will buy it once available. For a small independent developer like Frozenbyte, pirating is a huge issue and directly affects our future. So in a nutshell: please buy Shadowgrounds instead of downloading an illegal copy of it.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Shadowgrounds”