Rate the demo!

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
SirDrago

Rate the demo!

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Just out of curiosity. I would give the demo 88%. I would have given it over 90 but the game crashed on me.

DarkJee

Re: Rate the demo!

Postby DarkJee » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:48 pm

As a surprise, the game doesnt crashed, I have Vista and a mobile video card (laptop) and it worked perfectly

I give the demo mhhh.. lets say 96%

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:44 pm

DarkJee wrote:As a surprise, the game doesnt crashed, I have Vista and a mobile video card (laptop) and it worked perfectly

I give the demo mhhh.. lets say 96%

The game doesnt crash on me either when i have AA disabled. But it shouldnt crash with AA turned on anyway.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:50 pm

SirDrago, can you check if there's a trine.exe.dmp file in the installation folder? If so, I'd appreciate it if you could send it my way (see the top of the board for the email). But I think it's not there because we probably disabled all debug stuff from the demo...

But yeah, antialiasing causes problems with the game on many systems, so it should be used with caution. We'll have to see what we do with it in a patch...

Oh and yeah of course happy to hear the ratings. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

dadis007

Postby dadis007 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:11 pm

99% I already like this game, demo was so good, that i by this game already on steam. Can't wait to get it full.

When it will be realesed ?

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:15 pm

fb_joel wrote:SirDrago, can you check if there's a trine.exe.dmp file in the installation folder?

Its not there.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:58 pm

dadis007, the release date _should_ be the 3rd of July, so very soon! (Very small chance that it's the 10th of July - we'll probably know for sure sometime next week.)

SirDrago, ok, that's a shame. Well we'll probably figure it out on our own, or if you or someone else gets the same crash with the full game, then we'll get the crash dump too. Thanks for looking.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:48 am

fb_joel wrote:the release date_should_ be the 3rd of July.

Oh god, can't wait!!! And I hope you guys at frozenbyte will continue to work on Trine as we enjoy it =)

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:56 am

DarkJee wrote:
fb_joel wrote:the release date_should_ be the 3rd of July.

Oh god, can't wait!!! And I hope you guys at frozenbyte will continue to work on Trine as we enjoy it =)

He said "should". Since its July 3rd i assume they wait and see if Trine will be released on the 2nd on the PSN.

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:35 am

Yes but I heard somewhere too that it would be july 3rd (french vide game website) and on gamesplanet too

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:54 am

I hate to bring the bad news but the PSN release won't happen in time with the PC release. :( (Unless a miracle occurs but I don't see that happening.) 3rd of July is for PC only.

In general we still have no clue when the PSN version will be released, but it is out of our hands now basically. It's a complex process. But we'll definitely post the info here when we know some dates...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

wolfboy

Postby wolfboy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:37 am

9/10. Very good demo. I liked how the tutorial shows you exactly where to press a button with a picture of the controller on the screen.

Nice amount of stuff hidden throughout. It took me a couple playthroughs to find the two rings. I was completely unaware that you could level up the abilities through the menu or that there even was a menu though until later. One thing that I think could be improved is having the D-pad as a control for scrolling through menus and such.

Mooilo

Postby Mooilo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:53 am

I'd say a 90%.

I love the demo, have played through the second level at least 10 times now, and it took me a good bit of searching to find both secrets, collect all the experience, and get all the enemy experience. The only thing I dislike is the very slow, unanimated movement for the Wizard- it feels like the developers couldn't decide on if he could move while levitating things or not, so made him slide around on the ground slowly. If that was fixed then I would give the demo a 95%.

I can't bring myself to give a demo a 100% though, maybe the full game if it's bug free and everything. :)

Araris

Postby Araris » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Easily a 9.5/10, I downloaded the demo out of boredom and ended up playing through it 3 times and then again with 3 friends (had 3 360 controllers). I have to say with 3 people playing it's SOO much more fun. I pre-paid the game through steam the second I completed the demo. Very nice work Frozenbyte, nice to see some really good Indie stuff. On a side note, the game runs fantastically. 1920x1200, 4xAA, 8xAF, not an issue at all, no crashes, no slowdown.

Etana

Postby Etana » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:53 am

98%

Original, beautiful and fresh. The only things missing seems like they aren't fit to be in this game. :)

The demo, at least, worked flawlessly. The only thing I'm hoping for is that the full game lives up to my hopes and continues with clever level-design and further character development (skills, weapons and so forth) and LAN multiplayer for the PC-version so you can get more variation and be even more creative, but also some assistance if it gets too rough. :)

One of my most anticipated games, anyhow.

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:13 am

The only thing that surprised me a little bit, is the fact that physical objects can't hurt the heroes :( so when its the part where you have to put your shield up when ceiling is falling on you, its useless

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:22 am

Yeah. I noticed this too and I was a bit disappointed. :(
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

richardtamura

Postby richardtamura » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:25 am

I'd say 95%, i found the game extremely easy, the thief's arrows should be limited at harder levels, as well as the warrior's stamina. i almost finished the entire demo levels by just using the thief :/

and i would love to see heroes get hurt by the objects falling too...

But i loved the game, preordered after finishing the demo... cough 10 times... :lol:

The music, the enviroment the voice acting, all extremely well made. the game didn't crashed on me either, using the best configurations.

Return to “Trine”