Anyone with NO problems with the price?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Radzinsky

Anyone with NO problems with the price?

Postby Radzinsky » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:28 am

I just finished the PC demo and it was fantastic. It feels like a stronger effort than most retail games I played last year (and those were $60).

I have no problems dropping $20 or $30 on something of this caliber.

decoy

Re: Anyone with NO problems with the price?

Postby decoy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:24 pm

It was a surprise seriously i wasn't expecting that high, i had already ordered 20$ PSN card now stuck and puzzled.
The demo videos are cool, the gameplay seems clunky also have to check the variation in gameplay in later levels, i mean will there be more moves more, enemy types, bosses or just new locations with new puzzles then it can be compared to 30$ pricetag.

Also i would feel cheated if they reduce the price later for more sales as lauri said.

FlukeRogi

Postby FlukeRogi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 pm

No problem here (£20 in the UK on Steam). Not very often these days that I play a game and am, well, just charmed by it.

tjm07090

Postby tjm07090 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:50 pm

I just finished the demo... and hell I'd buy it for $50 in a heart beat. It plays fantastic and from what i gather it has a lot of room for variation. You get more tools, better weapons, little trinkets like rings that give you better stuff, and the level design is fanfreakintastic. I had no problems with it, its very imersive. At first I wasn't sure cause it started a little slow, but then it was GREAT, just bam bam bam. Well worth the price, and I didnt even play co-op yet! And yes, It is EXTREMELY charming!

Ransom Arceihn

Postby Ransom Arceihn » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Pre-ordered it without hesitation. The price seems perfectly appropriate to me based on what I saw in the demo.
I'd like to offer you some hope. But . . .

Ark

Postby Ark » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:42 pm

They derserve every penny, it's an awesome game.

SamWalter

Postby SamWalter » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:25 pm

no i don't have a problem the demo was awsome in my opinion i can't wait to play more and frozenbyte deserves every penny

SGR

Postby SGR » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:18 pm

My only problem with the price is the dollar <-> euro conversion.
We have to pay 42 dollar. That just sucks.

werpu

Postby werpu » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:17 pm

No problem with the price either since it was 30€ on Steam...
As for the dollar europ conversion yes we are ripped off but also every company does it unfortunatly, also have in mind the difference is relative because in the USA you dont have the VAT on the pricetags it is added as soon as you check out while here it is included!
Still the companies normally make an extra cash by doing 1:1 conversion!
Less the developers more the publisher in this case!

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:37 pm

I got NO problem on the price, 30$ is a fair price because Trine is amazing

Denamic

Postby Denamic » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 am

As I said in another thread, that price for a game like this is a non-issue.

mooglesRcute

Postby mooglesRcute » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 am

I just played the demo.

I grew up playing high calibur adventure titles (for the time), king's quest,lucas arts etc.
One of my biggest complaints about games now days is i feel like very few are as 'atmospheric' as the old games i grew up playing

The moment i booted up Trine, i knew this was a game quite unlike anything i've played in recent years, it's soaked with character, saturated with life, and dripping with beauty.

IMO, these production values make it worth every cent, the fact that the game play is fun doesn't hurt either.

I'm pre-ordering today.

Now... i'd just like network support for pc, so we don't have to all crowd around one screen (and you'd sell 2 more copies to my friends) =D

Syrijon

Postby Syrijon » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 am

I did have a problem with a price. Not because I didn't think Trine would be worth it, just because I didn't want to pay so much for another game in the next time.

Anyway, I've played through the demo about 7 or 8 times now. Yeah, I am having a bit of fun with it :D I am very sure that I would have a great lot of fun with the full version as well, and that I would play through each level many times. Apart from that, even only for my own sake, I'd like to support the developers to get more great games like this in the future, maybe even a patch for online coop ;)

Needless to say, I am certainly going to buy this, and it is very likely going to be worth it a lot more than probably most games I have bought in the past, less and more expensive ones alike.

Manny

Postby Manny » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:26 am

mooglesRcute wrote:I just played the demo.

I grew up playing high calibur adventure titles (for the time), king's quest,lucas arts etc.
One of my biggest complaints about games now days is i feel like very few are as 'atmospheric' as the old games i grew up playing

The moment i booted up Trine, i knew this was a game quite unlike anything i've played in recent years, it's soaked with character, saturated with life, and dripping with beauty.

IMO, these production values make it worth every cent, the fact that the game play is fun doesn't hurt either.

I'm pre-ordering today.

Now... i'd just like network support for pc, so we don't have to all crowd around one screen (and you'd sell 2 more copies to my friends) =D

What he said. Really, he took the words right out of my mouth, from start to finish.
Anyhow, I'd like to emphasize the network thing. Online features would really be a huge bonus; I have no objections against the price, secretely hoping that the developers can afford to put resources into such an addition.

Ceracryst

Postby Ceracryst » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:21 am

Trine is refreshing, and it bleeds quality. I was on the fence between pre-purchasing and waiting for Steam weekend sale, but I played the demo ... and pre-ordered in a snap. I also started playing Shadowgrounds with my friend last night. Hours of good co-op fun, I'm telling you. >.< And I don't think we're that far into the game, either.

After playing these two games, I have much praise for Frozenbyte. I really wanted to design games a few years ago, experimenting with the Torque Game Builder 2D engine (I didn't get far), and I'm very happy to see a developer that made the choice to focus on ensuring solid game play and a tight co-op experience on a single machine. It brings back memories of the pre-Xbox days, when I took co-op platformers for granted.

Trine's focus on physics-puzzles in the context of a platform game would be a pretty big undertaking to convert to netcode. Doing so isn't a task comparable to the online play in Halo 3 or Team Fortress 2 (note that Halo didn't even support online co-op until Halo 3 -- because their netcode wasn't designed to support AIs and mission flags), it's an undertaking comparable to the development of Kaillera and GGPO.

bibi

Postby bibi » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:37 am

no problem paying ALMOST full price, for a game that promises to have the same length, more creativity, better art style and charm, than most full priced games. so no. just waiting for my preorder to unlock now :mrgreen:

Return to “Trine”