Lauri's top tips of how to enjoy Trine (no spoilers)

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
FB_Lauri

Lauri's top tips of how to enjoy Trine (no spoilers)

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:16 pm

I thought I'll give a few tips for best Trine experience, even though it should be noted everyone is supposed to play Trine just their own way :D. My list should be so general it shouldn't include spoilers.

1) Applies to all games: play legal version, paying for game makes the experience best :wink:
    2) Try to begin your game with normal or even hard difficulty. Easy is really easy and some of the game mechanics get a bit boring at easy. Please note, you can change you difficulty from the load menu, so if you pick too hard or too easy, you can change to better without restarting the whole game!
    3) Once you invent some cool ways to puzzles, challenges or anywhere, be sure to share them with everyone else! Screenshots can be taken with F11 key in PC version.
    4) You can return to previous levels to hunt for the missed xp/secret items with the character abilities you have in the last level. Similarly, getting earlier items unlocks them to the all levels, including the latest you have reached.

That's all, hope you enjoy playing Trine!

purple_pixie

Re: Lauri's top tips of how to enjoy Trine (no spoilers)

Postby purple_pixie » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Ah, the omnipresent dilemma of difficulty settings.

"Do I play through the first time on medium, and find it a little under-challenging, or do I play through on hard and have nowhere else to go after I complete it?"

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:25 pm

purple_pixie wrote:Ah, the omnipresent dilemma of difficulty settings.

"Do I play through the first time on medium, and find it a little under-challenging, or do I play through on hard and have nowhere else to go after I complete it?"

With Trine, replay value is much more than difficulty setting (collect all xp, collect all items, invent new ways to play x 100). Also, if you have Steam version, you get to hunt Steam Achievements, which some are quite fun.

And finally, playing game once thru unlocks Very Hard difficulty :wink:

purple_pixie

Postby purple_pixie » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:41 pm

It's like you solved my problems before I even knew had them.

I think I'm in love.

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:57 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:1) Applies to all games: play legal version, paying for game makes the experience best :wink:

Yes, its proven that playing pirated version (any game) ruins experience and its way less fun, its psychologic... =D

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:51 pm

I've got a question: are there some puzzles you only can solve by going back? I dislike backtracking lol

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Atnas wrote:I've got a question: are there some puzzles you only can solve by going back? I dislike backtracking lol

I dislike that too, so Trine is all going forward! :D

Qieth

Postby Qieth » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Theres a very hard setting? Gasp :D

I did the demo on easy, then normal, then hard in the end. I will probably start on medium - who knows. At 74% now, for some reason my download just dropped to 151 kb/s.

Where are the achievements? Can i only see them when i log into Trine?

aaron80

Postby aaron80 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:14 pm

I read that you guys are going to add online co-op for PC version? If is true, it will be awesome! And it will definitely prolong the lifespan of the game. Please incorporate this in future update. :D

Return to “Trine”