Some bugs *Updated 6/30/09*

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
knapman

Re: Some bugs *Updated 6/30/09*

Postby knapman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:29 pm

enjoying the game so far but have a couple of glitches that i haven't noticed mentioned

during cutscenes part of the image is displayed at the very bottom edge below the black bar

when underwater air refills on character switch, so you can stay underwater forever which seems to defeat the point of having limited air (seems to only happen if you have all 3 characters, if one is dead the air doesn't refill)

by doing character switch during a jump you can perform moves you shouldn't be able to, switching to wizard you can make yourself levitate, usually u can't move the block you are standing on yourself but switching during a jump allows u to start the move while you are still in the air and when you land you still have full control over the block

this same trick also allows you to shoot arrows in air

now i think i'll get back to playing :D

Faceman

Postby Faceman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:36 am

Just found a bug.

If the thief's grappling hook hits a fireball in the air you take damage even though you haven't hooked on to anything.

Back to playing :)

EDIT: Also if you kill a monster while it is in the air and it drops a potion the potion remains stuck in the air where the monster died lol.

knapman

Postby knapman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:53 am

heres a pic of the self levitation glitch in action allowing you to magic carpet yourself anywhere, very tempting exploit that im trying not to abuse :D

zeuserich

Postby zeuserich » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:03 am

Couple of bugs.. i think

I believe that poison doesn't work at all. Also health and energy vials do not recharge when you pass checkpoints. Amulet of sacrifice triggers before energy vial if they both equipped on same person. Prism of light description is a bit confusing, but seems to be working(if its intended to give 25% more health and power when character resurrected at checkpoint?)

knapman

Postby knapman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:47 pm

another one for the list, skull with missing texture

Syrijon

Postby Syrijon » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:25 am

I've had few bugs, nothing major.
Apart from the controls not saving upon quitting the game, which is apparently known already, I've had these two:
-If you navigate the "Choose level"-screen with the gamepad, you can't select a level and only view your progression (secret and exp found, etc.). If you select it and press the gamepad button, the level will directly be started. It should either show the level progression as soon as you select it, or as soon as you press the button, and only start when you press the button again.
-When levitating a plank as the wizard, it's seemingly only possible to rotate it one way, not both. So, I can only make it rotate clockwise, not counter-clockwise (or the other way around, I'm not sure).

And some design "bugs":
-To the right of a secret treasure chest in the Forsaken Dungeon, you can basically see a "void", as there is nothing there, no walls or other designs. This is not a problem, as that chest is hidden quite high above the ground level, anyway
-http://s2.directupload.net/images/090705/tm4d5l3l.jpg The candle in this picture is floating in the air. This looks like a funny homage to Castlevania's lots of floating candles, but I suppose it's rather a bug. Still nice, though :D

whitebyte

Postby whitebyte » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Any idea why F10/F11 totally mess up the game for me? I didn't realise it was what was causing the problem, I was trying to take a screenshot. But as soon as I press it, my character won't turn and the mouse is stuck (so I can't aim). [I think it points to the top left which is where it looks like the mouse cursor resets while the ingame cursor takes over.]

I can't walk into a cutscene to end it either, this is where I end up.

Also, the thief sometimes hangs horizontally with the grapple hook. I don't know what sets it off though.
That's not mid swing, that's her defying gravity.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Somewhat related to the mouse thing.

I noticed when I was in the main menu and moved my mouse to the left or top edge of the screen, it would bounce back from there. At the right and bottom edges of the screen it stayed there just nicely.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Syrijon

Postby Syrijon » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:37 pm

I forgot to mention another bug. There is an issue with the fireballs when you pause the game. For example when one of those cannons shoots a fireball, you press ESC and then resume the game, another fireball will be fired very quickly. Seemingly the cannon's timer isn't paused with the rest of the game, or some such. Have a look:
http://s6.directupload.net/images/090705/skxwzaza.jpg

fb_juha

Postby fb_juha » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:04 pm

whitebyte wrote:Any idea why F10/F11 totally mess up the game for me? I didn't realise it was what was causing the problem, I was trying to take a screenshot. But as soon as I press it, my character won't turn and the mouse is stuck (so I can't aim). [I think it points to the top left which is where it looks like the mouse cursor resets while the ingame cursor takes over.]

F10 causing problems is a bug. Or to be more specific, a development feature which hasn't been properly removed as it still disables AI. If you accidentally press F10 you can open console (F8) and type "enableAllAI" (without quotation marks) and press F8 again to get rid of it. Hopefully we'll manage to fix this to next patch.

pylb

Postby pylb » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:26 pm

I managed to get my Logitech Rumblepad 2 working nicely in the demo, by changing the controls via the in-game menu.
I haven't found where to change the controls in the full version of the game though, is the menu missing or is it an issue with my game ? I've already reinstalled the game once.
I edited the keybinds file in the meanwhile but haven't managed to get the right stick to work for the thief/knight (mage is fine).

whitebyte

Postby whitebyte » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:13 pm

fb_juha wrote:
whitebyte wrote:F10 causing problems is a bug. Or to be more specific, a development feature which hasn't been properly removed as it still disables AI. If you accidentally press F10 you can open console (F8) and type "enableAllAI" (without quotation marks) and press F8 again to get rid of it. Hopefully we'll manage to fix this to next patch.
Ohk thanks. EnableAllAI didn't fix it though. Will a full commands list be released?

I love the magic carpet glitch :P If it gets patched, hopefully I can re-enable it via cheat commands.

fb_juha

Postby fb_juha » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:19 pm

whitebyte wrote:EnableAllAI didn't fix it though. Will a full commands list be released?

It should fix it. Please note that the command is case sensitive - enableAllAI. We are propably not going to release full command list as most of those commands have only useful development functionality. However, if you are feeling adventurous you can always browse through commands by typing something and using tab to fill the rest.

As a disclaimer random commands tend to do random things so you might want to play with them on different saveslot :wink:.

whitebyte

Postby whitebyte » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:33 pm

fb_juha wrote:
whitebyte wrote:EnableAllAI didn't fix it though. Will a full commands list be released?

It should fix it. Please note that the command is case sensitive - enableAllAI. We are propably not going to release full command list as most of those commands have only useful development functionality. However, if you are feeling adventurous you can always browse through commands by typing something and using tab to fill the rest.

As a disclaimer random commands tend to do random things so you might want to play with them on different saveslot :wink:.
Sorry yep it works. As does tab to see more commands. Thanks heaps.

Braid

Postby Braid » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:04 am

Was there reported those bugs:

In some levels, I somehow managed to 'fall under the surface', having no other option but to restart from last checkpoint.

And when I once used the rope over an abyss, as soon as Igot back to the ground the camera remained still focused to the places under where I was swinging as it does if the character dies. But I didn't die.

Return to “Trine”